Why become a member? ×

Charlie Watts puts a dep in with the Stones

casapete

1 hour ago, Doddy said:

I'm sure that both Chuck and Darryl have been very well looked after, otherwise they wouldn't have stuck around for so long. Plus, they

have the freedom to do other sideman gigs when the Stones aren't touring. Winner.

Both backing singers Lisa Fischer and Bernard Fowler have also been part of the Stones touring and recording schedules for over 30 years too, as well as working with many others over that period. Lisa also featured in the film documentary ‘20 feet from Stardom’ about backing singers which was very well received. The Stones do seem to hold on to great supporting musicians - the late sax player Bobby Keys also springs to mind. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2021 at 09:30, Steve Browning said:

I would hate to hear Yngwie Malmsteens version of Albatross!!

Who was it that said something like  “Yngwie Malmsteen says that he is in love with the guitar; it’s obvious that the feeling isn’t mutual”.

Absolutely awful news.

I had been speaking to someone last week who knows Charlie and his wife and had spoken to them recently. From our conversation I didn't get the impression he wouldn't recover, maybe never tour again but...

So sad

13 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

He used to be 'the old man' in the band when the rest were teenagers. Only right that he kicked off first.

Mr Bill Wyman is four years older than Charlie and might therefore resist the view that the Stones should croak in order of age.