Why become a member? ×

BCH

Arrived yesterday, ACG Micro Krell headless 30.5" scale.

I wanted to share...I wanted lightweight, Alan recommended "Paulownia" (which is a weed) with this achieved 6.4lb!  It looks and feels great...so consider if you want light!!   FYI Suhr build a classic T with a paulownia body

As an aside, the Krell is fitted with ACG hybrid BZ1 pu selected by 4 position knob...1. Ceramic single coil.....2. Ceramic single coil & Alnico single coil....3. as 2 but in series...4. Alnico single coil

Will need to experiment over a few rehearsals & gigs ...lots of fun or confusion

IMG_2166.thumb.jpg.1fd573c9d0b4353a81897d9a568b14fb.jpgIMG_2167.thumb.jpg.b4e54938da78929f7a2409284a126437.jpg

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Very very nice and, as always, with Alan superb woods too. This is another beautiful headless bass. Congratulations !

Thank you....I am a short scale convert (age and physicality issues) and so impressed with Alan's design & quality. He has also built me a 26.5" scale which I use for rehearsals (our booths are covid safe but very small..ha...any excuse)

https://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0400microkrell4-26-5/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spoombung said:

Very nice. That's probably the model I'd go for if I ever ordered another bass.

Alan has added to his site....its a micro body which he normally fits 26.5" (which I also have) if you are looking for lightweight, consider a Paulownia body.