Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Supernatural Series 1 with crescent inlays - order now placed!!

kevin_lindsay

I've taken the plunge and have ordered a new Jaydee bass for myself. 

I had a Jaydee GA24 previously,  which was my sole bass from around 84 to 95.

I always fancied a Series 1, so I've now paid my deposit - estimated 18 months until the instrument is completed. 

I had originally asked about ordering a bass a couple of months ago, and was advised that it would be August 21 before the next available order slot would become available.  I've looked on the website (August 21) and the next available slot for new orders is currently estimated to be March 2022. Yikes!

Ve orderd a Supernatural Series 1 with the crescent inlays on the fingerboard. 

• Like 8

Congrats on the order, I’m jealous. 😁 I’m a bit baffled though; the website says that the next booking slot is March next year and that it’s then a 16 month wait, so how were you able to put in an order now? Was it because you’d previously enquired?

I contacted them a couple of months ago, and was put on the prospective order list, with an anticipated open slot for August.

So, now that August has arrived,  I was able yo pay my deposit. 

The orders have been high recently,  hence the order book being full with no prospective orders able to be placed until next March now.

Edited by kevin_lindsay

56 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

I contacted them a couple of months ago, and was put on the prospective order list, with an anticipated open slot for August.

So, now that August has arrived,  I was able yo pay my deposit. 

The orders have been high recently,  hence the order book being full with prospective orders until next March now.

Looks like you got in at just the right time! Congrats again!🙂

I am enjoying the fact that JD are far from flavour of the month on BC but the fact that they have a waiting list to get on their waiting list means that they are doing the busines. There is a big bass world out there :)

I am aware that they do guitars as well. I guess they have to earn a living. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m unfortunately aware of the fact that given Kevin first enquired a couple of months ago and had got his order in already, whereas I looked sometime in the last week and I’ve now got to wait until March next year to even consider putting in an order, God doesn’t want me to have another Jaydee.☹️😂

A shame as I’ve had a used S1 (dodgy neck, a bit cumbersome for me), used S2 (great but too heavy), and was going to go for a new S3 next time…

I just checked my original email enquiring about placing an order - that was on 24th April 2021.

So, it was actually just over 3 months ago (not the two I originally thought).

I didn't have a problem with the wait until I placed my order. Rather,  it gives you time to think, "is this a bass I really want, and will use regularly?", rather than placing the order as sn impulse purchase.