Why become a member? ×

Alpher Cobia V2 Prime. WITHDRAWN OWING TO IMPENDING P/EX ,
£1950
Wigan

MNY

Up for sale for possibly the third time of asking is my Alpher Cobia V2 Prime. I had resolved to keep this one and recently spent over £300 on changing the pick ups and pots but I can’t escape the fact that I would really like a jazz bass or similar. This bass is really well specced with Hipshot hardware throughout and brand new Nordstrand pickups, an NP4A  in the neck position and a NJ4SE at the bridge. The body is made from one piece of rippled Ash which has a pleasing texture and a really smart aged appearance. The neck is flamed roasted maple and the fingerboard is rocklite.  The action is on the low side and could benefit from a slight tweak but all in all the bass plays superbly well and sounds  excellent as you would expect of a top UK custom instrument built with an exceptional level of attention to detail. If you spec this bass on the Alpher site at the moment the price comes out north of 3K. Having inspected it carefully I can’t find any dings, scratches or cosmetic issues, with the exception of some minor wear on the scratch plate which is to be expected. I would rate the condition as a solid 9.8/10.

Weight wise it comes in at 3.8 kg and is very comfy on a strap or when played in a seated position. Anyone looking for a really well specified p/j will find this hard to beat especially since the recent upgrade which seems to have given the instrument a warmer more vintage tone. 
If you have any questions please ask. The bass can be posted if necessary as it comes in a hard Hiscox case, I am also happy to meet half way to hand the bass over in person. Trade wise I would happily consider a nice jazz bass of lower value with cash my way, particularly if anyone has one of the nice new top end Sire basses that they want to offload, or even a Musicman but something with more than one pickup. Weight wise nothing heavier than 4kg preferably and instruments that are in good condition. * Please note that if you instigate a conversation via pm please at least have the manners to reply to messages even if you have decided to change your mind, which you are quite at liberty to do. 
Thanks for looking.  Please note some images show the bass fitted with the original blade  style pickups. Thanks to Walshy for the photo showing the weight. 

D236425D-01B5-4042-B2C3-2ED40CB1590D.jpeg

352B17EE-34C8-4F62-8771-1855BFC4AC94.jpeg

2067D5C5-CFCA-4F36-96F1-A85B3B75A018.jpeg

6695A5BB-965C-4DB8-9691-B7544D60E64C.jpeg

56C36E25-0736-4AD7-8BCE-96437A27E892.jpeg

Edited by MNY
Withdrawn.
  • Like 10

31 minutes ago, Crawford13 said:

Great price for a great bass! Someone is going to be very happy! 

Thanks mate, I wish they would hurry up and make themselves very happy. 😂 

• Haha 2

• MNY changed the title to Alpher Cobia V2 Prime. For Sale and happy to consider trades for jazz style basses.
1 hour ago, Merton said:

My favourite Alpher creation this one, love it. If it were medium or short scale I suspect I’d be having serious wallet trouble.

Mine too - I’ve played it too and it’s lovely. To my mind the pickup change would be a good one too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Mine too - I’ve played it too and it’s lovely. To my mind the pickup change would be a good one too

Hello Luke, 

I reckon the pickup and pot change has significantly improved the versatility of this bass. The bridge pickup sounds a lot fatter and whilst not so ‘in your face’, you can achieve plenty of nice warm tones which never seem to get muddy. 

Edited by MNY
  • Like 1

• MNY changed the title to Alpher Cobia V2 Prime. For Sale, happy to consider trades of lower value with cash adjustment (Musicman,Fender,Spector) and sensible offers.
  • MNY changed the title to Alpher Cobia V2 Prime. WITHDRAWN OWING TO IMPENDING P/EX.
  • MNY changed the title to Alpher Cobia V2 Prime. WITHDRAWN OWING TO IMPENDING P/EX ,
  • Hamster locked this topic