Why become a member? ×

New pedal day

WalMan

Slightly delayed by the pandemic and obtaining parts but it’s arrived😁

Tried one at their stand at the last LBGS and liked it. Then saw the Kickstarter for it and jumped on, and this morning DHL arrived with it all shiny and new. 

Looking forward to rehearsal tonight 😊

509479F9-0C8B-4D78-8F85-871DD24512D5.jpeg

E9C727EE-0FAC-47DF-AE7D-7970A38D3F54.jpeg

• Like 1

I got a Bass Clone today but I think that was a bit of a rash buying decision now I've used it a bit as it sounds fine but I think something like the Zoom multi-FX pedals get pretty close to the sound and it's not something I want to use all that often or do lot of tweaking to once set. I think it will be getting returned/replaced with a B1 four. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

I use the zoom ms60b for my chorus sound (among many others) even though I have a hand built analogue chorus (small clone clone) in my stash - there’s very little difference between the two to be honest, and the zoom takes up less space on my board and does more. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Very nice. Have you tried it yet?

My new pedal is a Origin Effects Cali76. It's really very good. I know compressors aren't exciting but the subtle difference this makes to my Stingray is really good.

20210801_130217.jpg

Brilliant you got one in the end!!

53 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Actually, compression and EQ are what really get me excited on the 'effects' front. I won't try to pretend that I'm not also a complete dork, but there you have it!

Compression can be quite complicated and the Cali76 is a moderately tweakable pedal. It's surprising what it can do to the sound of a bass. A good EQ is definitely next on my shopping list, possibly an MXR 10 band.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just by way of update, here's Dood's review of the SkarBassOne & video with sounds

https://www.bassgearmag.com/bassic-review-trondheim-audio-skarbassone-pedal/

I have to say I ruddy love this pedal and recently have just been using it with the Status > SkarBassOne > D800 & one of my Barefaced stable at gigs. It sounds great and pretty much as in Dood's video. Great solid tone with a nice little bit of grit and high zing

• Like 1