Why become a member? ×

Alleva Coppolo LG5 Custom Spalted Alder - ON HOLD
£4500
Duesseldorf / Germany

mrbassman_de

Selling my very unique Alleva Coppolo LG5 Custom. It is like new (besides one small chipped out ding mentioned below) and has the following spec:

Spalted Alder Body - very lightweight, yet quite responsive, this is Jimmys most expensive body wood choice

Amberburst Finish - looks less orange than in the pics

Very nice Macassar Ebony board with binding

MOP dots

34"

19mm spacing at bridge

Jimmys proprietary pickups and electronics, pickups in 60s positions

Built 2019,

Weighs 3,9 kg (!)

I bought it in new condition, but just today I managed to chip out a small piece of finish at the back of the neck joint - I will add a picture later. Besides that the bass is absolutely like new - even the transparent foil is still on the back cover plate.

The sound is typical Alleva-like, so it tends towards the classical early Fender timbre - although the Ebony board adds some snap and opens the upper registers - if desired. I personally prefer the vintage models, but for players with a slightly more flexible and modern demand this Alleva would be a great find.

Asking 4.900 EUR (4500 GBP) plus shipping, trade value is 5.400 EUR. Trades considered: Alleva Coppolo LM5/LM4, Ken Smith BSR Elite, Fenders until 1973, F Basses with nice tops, Fodera Elite 34" or less, LeFay Remigton Steele 6, Mattisson.

IMG_4346-1.jpg

IMG_4322-1.jpg

IMG_4324-1.jpg

IMG_4325-1.jpg

IMG_4327-1.jpg

IMG_4328-1.jpg

IMG_4335-1.jpg

IMG_4337-1.jpg

IMG_4339-1.jpg

IMG_4347-1.jpg

Edited by mrbassman_de
  • Like 6