Why become a member? ×

KK Baby Bass

RobF

Well well, after trying to play a HB, which I found difficult, I found this beaut on a FB group.

sounds superb compared to the HB, and a bit easier to hold straight, and it looks the dogs danglies . 

tried it out with the band last Thursday to positive comments. ( clue to our music is in the name “The Elderly Brothers”)

it came with a Beringer acoustic pedal, which I’ve yet to try.

any other owners here ? 
feeling happy 

1526F80B-CABD-4003-8A87-87F82468D5BD.jpeg

• Like 7

I've had both the original KK Baby Bass, and the Ampeg that it was essentially a copy of. When I was new to playing DB these things were an absolute Godsend, plus Kris Kedzior is a lovely guy to do business with.

I used my Baby Basses at a raft of cool gigs (Proud Camden, The Water Rats, etc.) and they performed admirably, but eventually I reached the point where I just preferred the 'natural' sound of the DB. By that point, the practical advantages of the KK design (mag pickup, no feedback, easy to transport, built like a tank) were no longer so important to me.

Your bass is like a little sister to my five string. Great bass as you say and easy to get to work in a band setting. Mine doesn't get much playing time these days as doubling gigs are rarer than gigs themselves.

When funds allow (meaning when I can shift some gear), I’ll be getting one of the Traditional KK’s. I know there’s nothing in it sound wise with the KB1, but prefer the larger look- more original Baby Bass look. Contacted them for a price list, so I’m good to go, when the funds come in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recall someone brought one to a double bass bash a few years back. Sounded good ( though I preferred the steinberger nxt personally).  Weighed a ton.  Did kk forget to hollow them out?  Indestructible and feedback proof though (unlike a double bass!)

Enjoy, though in a few years you'll doubtless want the expense and hassle of a "real" double bass 🙂

I was after one of these KK Traditional ones a few months ago, and got Kris to E Mail me a price list. But since have seen a Modulus bass I’ve been after for years, so going for that- or I’ll regret it. 

Good luck with the sale mate- these are great