Why become a member? ×

Do you ever have as much GAS for other instruments as you do for basses?

I do have occasional GAS for other instruments. I used to play a bit of guitar, and had a bit of GAS for a new one a few years ago. When the missus asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I suggested a cheap six-string guitar to mess about with at home. I then praised my guitarist mate's new Telecaster, said I could be doing with something similar myself, knowing she'd ask his advice. I wake up on the big day with a six-string bass under the tree! Note quite what I had in mind, but very nice all the same!

I also occasionally toy with learning other instruments. I fancied sax, just because it's cool. I've also considered leaning bagpipes, after noticing a fair demand for them up here in Scotland - particularly during peak wedding season and hogmanay. No need to align diaries with other folk or share the takings! Didn't follow through though...

George

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Some more of my home made Tele endeavours. The bare wood was sprayed by myself at home (out of the kitchen window in my apartment!!) in nitrocellulose lacquer. 

The Andy Summers tribute is currently owned by my brother.  He tried it out shortly after it was completed, and said, "you're not getting this back.  I need to buy it from you). I'm now working on another one as my next covid project build. Target burst on the body will be sprayed in the tone few days if everything goes to pla. 

20210407_142819.jpg

20210721_183103.jpg

20210721_183111.jpg

20210727_110409.jpg

20210721_063614.jpg

you've even got the correct 'Andy Summers' spec tuners there. Nice 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ordep said:

Currently three:

1) Ludwig black beauty snare

2) Early Parker Fly deluxe

3) Nord Stage 3 76

I got a WorldMax Black Dawg. My mate brought his Ludwig Black Beauty down to the studio and we compared them. There was nothing in it to my ears. I did have to replace the throw (standard pearl one drops in) and tighten everything up, but I've been playing it for 3 years and it's still going strong. £272 brand new

https://www.gear4music.com/Drums-and-Percussion/WorldMax-Black-Dawg-14-x-65-Black-Nickel-Over-Brass-Snare-Drum/1Y4H?gclid=CjwKCAjw9aiIBhA1EiwAJ_GTSs22-tJinnaEveZSJ-3Ujf3ULtrrqPZaB5uwTPPjgIF41QQa991behoC5yoQAvD_BwE

Edited by cheddatom

Last year I was Gassing for (would you believe) a wireless microphone. After much forum discussions I settled for a Sennheiser EW100 G4-945-S. I love it. Having used SM-58s for years and years, then moving to Beta 58s for the last 10 years, I'm very taken with the 945 microphone capsule.

I had a Brian May guitar too, last July. It's really nice to play and has a great sound, even when I don't want to sound like Brian, the core sound is really good

• Like 2