Jump to content

Epic bass sound alert.


Recommended Posts

It is very MJ, but has a bit of a dirty loops feel going on - with a bit less jazz about it.

 

very lovely - if only I could find a band/singer like that so I could make a really bad job of the bass parts.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

It is very MJ, but has a bit of a dirty loops feel going on - with a bit less jazz about it.

 

very lovely - if only I could find a band/singer like that so I could make a really bad job of the bass parts.

Well it’s the keyboard player / singer from Dirty Loops....so that might be why. It’s kind of Dirty Loops Lite isn’t it?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, dodge_bass said:

Well it’s the keyboard player / singer from Dirty Loops....so that might be why. It’s kind of Dirty Loops Lite isn’t it?!

Ah now you’ve said it - I thought I recognised him.

 

yeah - just a bit more pop structure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dodge_bass said:

Well it’s the keyboard player / singer from Dirty Loops....so that might be why. It’s kind of Dirty Loops Lite isn’t it?!

It’s DIrty Loops but with a good editor and a chance of chart success.

 

I like Dirty Loops, but anything that removes the smugness is great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

It’s DIrty Loops but with a good editor and a chance of chart success.

 

I like Dirty Loops, but anything that removes the smugness is great.

Well…the single “Diamond Ring” is the highlight…the cover of “Bad” not so much…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Not so much epic bass sound as epic forward in mix bass.

 

I always feel that if you've got a bass player who plays nowt but un-syncopated straightforward root/fifth type stuff it's best to use them for feel in the background somewhere.

But if you've got a seriously good bass player you might as well let 'em shine as they'll invariably add something good to the band.

I feel that far too many bass players have a serious downer on bassists who are a bit virtuoso; those good players are the ones who advance the instrument, those playing naught but derderderder single eighth notes not so much!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I feel that far too many bass players have a serious downer on bassists who are a bit virtuoso; those good players are the ones who advance the instrument, those playing naught but derderderder single eighth notes not so much!

Ah yes....bass guitar....the only musical instrument that attracts derision should you try and improve! lol 🤣 There's a place for both simple lines and for more complex ones. Back to the topic....I like the bass tone, his playing and the fact that you can hear it in the mix. For me it adds to the track.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, fretmeister said:


 

Singer is a bit too MJ for me, but the band is banging.

 

That was pretty good. Before watching the video, I thought MJ was referring to Mick Jagger as the singer looks a bit like him 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Lord Sausage said:

Stevie Vai on geet at the end. The Master!

Yes, that was pretty good too.  However, the way he appeared in the video looked a bit like he was floating around. A bit like these Chinese officials inspecting a road some years ago:

 

photoshop.jpg.feec4fb8519b28f360a95746ca1d29cb.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yes, that was pretty good too.  However, the way he appeared in the video looked a bit like he was floating around. A bit like these Chinese officials inspecting a road some years ago:

 

photoshop.jpg.feec4fb8519b28f360a95746ca1d29cb.jpg

He was green screened in.

 

As was QJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, fretmeister said:


 

Singer is a bit too MJ for me, but the band is banging.

 

Love it!

 

That bass is delicious, and very nice to see Vai in a different setting from usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...