Why become a member? ×

Epic bass sound alert.

fretmeister

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

It is very MJ, but has a bit of a dirty loops feel going on - with a bit less jazz about it.

very lovely - if only I could find a band/singer like that so I could make a really bad job of the bass parts.

Well it’s the keyboard player / singer from Dirty Loops....so that might be why. It’s kind of Dirty Loops Lite isn’t it?!

31 minutes ago, dodge_bass said:

Well it’s the keyboard player / singer from Dirty Loops....so that might be why. It’s kind of Dirty Loops Lite isn’t it?!

Ah now you’ve said it - I thought I recognised him.

yeah - just a bit more pop structure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dodge_bass said:

It’s DIrty Loops but with a good editor and a chance of chart success.

I like Dirty Loops, but anything that removes the smugness is great.

2 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

It’s DIrty Loops but with a good editor and a chance of chart success.

I like Dirty Loops, but anything that removes the smugness is great.

Well…the single “Diamond Ring” is the highlight…the cover of “Bad” not so much…

33 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Not so much epic bass sound as epic forward in mix bass.

I always feel that if you've got a bass player who plays nowt but un-syncopated straightforward root/fifth type stuff it's best to use them for feel in the background somewhere.

But if you've got a seriously good bass player you might as well let 'em shine as they'll invariably add something good to the band.

I feel that far too many bass players have a serious downer on bassists who are a bit virtuoso; those good players are the ones who advance the instrument, those playing naught but derderderder single eighth notes not so much!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I feel that far too many bass players have a serious downer on bassists who are a bit virtuoso; those good players are the ones who advance the instrument, those playing naught but derderderder single eighth notes not so much!

Ah yes....bass guitar....the only musical instrument that attracts derision should you try and improve! lol 🤣 There's a place for both simple lines and for more complex ones. Back to the topic....I like the bass tone, his playing and the fact that you can hear it in the mix. For me it adds to the track.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lord Sausage said:

Stevie Vai on geet at the end. The Master!

Yes, that was pretty good too.  However, the way he appeared in the video looked a bit like he was floating around. A bit like these Chinese officials inspecting a road some years ago:

photoshop.jpg.feec4fb8519b28f360a95746ca1d29cb.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yes, that was pretty good too.  However, the way he appeared in the video looked a bit like he was floating around. A bit like these Chinese officials inspecting a road some years ago:

photoshop.jpg.feec4fb8519b28f360a95746ca1d29cb.jpg

He was green screened in.

As was QJ.