Why become a member? ×

Freelance/Session players?

ped

Hi folks

I'm putting together a webinar for the University of York about freelancing. This 'episode' is all about music, and will be attended by lots of students from the music dept. as well as some of the freelancers and startup founders I normally work with.

I have a few guests lined up already. The event is to inspire people and also to provide them with some practical advice about freelancing (accounting, tax etc)

So far I have a composer for film/TV who will be fantastic, and a couple of other people in mind too, but I wondered if there are any freelance/session players on BC (I know there are quite a few). If that's you, would you be interested in talking about an aspect of freelancing which you think would be interesting?

Ideally you'll have played on some well known circuits/productions but mostly I'm looking for a good communicator with some good stories and tips for these young musicians just starting out.

Let me know if you're interested; it would be nice to get Basschat mentioned in there somewhere. 

Cheers

ped

On 31/07/2021 at 10:46, mybass said:

Don’t let the keyboard player get to the producer and say ‘ I can do the bass lines….and the drums….and actually, almost everything’….!

Had a rehearsal  last weekend. I’m on keys these days.

Bass player has been struggling with a certain run. Band were really pleased he finally got it consistently right.  When they congratulated him he piped up that he had no idea what they were talking about, as he stopped trying to play it so didn’t play anything. 

All eyes looked at me…….. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2