Why become a member? ×

Errrrr Tim Commerford Stingray Short Scale ??!!

Adee

• Adee changed the title to Errrrr Tim Commerford Stingray Short Scale ??!!

Wow. Wow. Wow 🤩

Man, I have been waiting for years for a Timmy C EBMM signature bass. It seemed to never happen and now they release four. FOUR!!!

Cannot believe it. It is a bit like waiting for a bus. You wait for ages and then suddenly several show up at the same time.

So, he will have 2 active and long scale and 2 passive ones and short scale ones.

Here's Tim with some more info and also showing how the finger ramp can be adjusted to make it level with the pickguard. Cool stuff.

Tim Commerford | Basses | Ernie Ball Music Man (music-man.com)

I always wanted his signature bass to be one with a natural finish and black hardware and so they did!

Wish it had been the active model but I will probably still buy it 😉 

Oh yes, the best news is that they are available via the vault and can be shipped to the UK!

• Like 3

Just now, Eldon Tyrell said:

and ordered 😍

Ernie Ball Music Man

XXX

Thank you for your order from Ernie Ball Music Man. Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. If you have questions about your order, you can email us at [email protected].

Your Order #400000XXXX

Placed on Jul 29, 2021, 3:38:24 AM

Amazing congrats - which one?

..and immediately declined by my bank, even after confirming the transaction via my banking app 😱

I now have to convince them that it was a genuine transaction. I also wrote to EBMM confirming the order and asking them whether or not I have to put in my card details again. 

Maybe my wife asked my bank to block purchases from EBMM 😉 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

..and immediately declined by my bank, even after confirming the transaction via my banking app 😱

I now have to convince them that it was a genuine transaction. I also wrote to EBMM confirming the order and asking them whether or not I have to put in my card details again. 

Maybe my wife asked my bank to block purchases from EBMM 😉 

Ok, talked to the credit card department of my bank and they have now approved the transaction 👍

It also means that I now have to sell one of my beloved Spector basses to fund the purchase 😞

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Ok, talked to the credit card department of my bank and they have now approved the transaction 👍

It also means that I now have to sell one of my beloved Spector basses to fund the purchase 😞

A decent trade

2 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

and ordered 😍

Ernie Ball Music Man

XXX

Thank you for your order from Ernie Ball Music Man. Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. If you have questions about your order, you can email us at [email protected].

Your Order #400000XXXX

Placed on Jul 29, 2021, 3:38:24 AM

Got confirmation from EBMM. Order went through and will be shipped either today or early next week. Cool stuff 😍

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, drTStingray said:

I have ordered a long scale passive one as well (it’s natural ash/black hardware/ebony board). I was going to order a white Bongo and then saw these!! No shipping date for mine yet. 

Good taste. That's the same I ordered 🙂

Yours will probably also be shipped either today or early next week as one of EBMM's sales managers informed me earlier today that "We have a handful ready to ship right away and more coming with production staggered throughout the next few months".

Cannot wait 🥰

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

One of these...

Thanks, @TheGreek. BTW, I can see that you are a "grand master" (14/14) in the new badge system. That's cool but where do you go from here?

BC should introduce a 15th rank. Well, it's one higher, isn't it? It's not 14. You see, most people, you know, will make it to 14. You're on 14 here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on 14 on BC. Where can you go from there? Where?

Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do? - Put it up to 15.

15. Exactly. One higher 😉 

• Haha 4

I went on the site just to see how much they were and added one to the basket and then went to checkout by mistake! Pulled back from the brink, brought on, not by GAS, but by fat fingers! PHEW! Close one. 😰

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bnt said:

I saw that video but didn't twig that there was a short scale version: I just thought TimC was really tall, the way Chris Squire made his Rick look tiny. 😊

Yeah, I still cannot really picture him with a short scale bass. Instead of that, EBMM should have released two HH models, like for example the honeyburst and natural ones in this Premier Guitar rig rundown video from 2016 when the re-joined the EBMM family. I especially like the HH with the natural finish and black hardware. That would have been my fav sig bass (see picture below and from 07:00):