Why become a member? ×

Your Best Buy Backs

Chiliwailer

I’m on a bass cull, and it just occurred to me the 3 I’m keeping were all once sold and then bought back my me. One was sold during a rough period, one best described as sold to fund a family emergency, and one because I was buying back an old vintage bass (the irony) but got that decision wrong.

Best of the bunch to get back is the ‘95 Ray I grew up on, found again about 12 years after I sold it during a tough time.

2 came back from the bassist I sold them to, my beloved ‘95 Ray after years of failed emails and eBay searching, finally saw it on eBay and pounced. 

What are your tales? 

C415136D-0941-476C-B03B-8D80E2B8AF91.jpeg

Edited by Chiliwailer

I sold my Overwater Custom before buying it back - then sold it again for the same reason I sold it originally - I wasn't using it. Amazing bass - needs to be played.

I also bought back a Nanyo SGC 310 - not because I needed it but because I felt it needed to be in a good home - MINE!

green overwater.jpg

20180912_131623050_iOS.jpg

20180912_131633027_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

I have never bought anything back. They were all sold because I found something better, so no point.

However. . . . If anyone knows where my old Mike Lull M5V Jazz bass went (5 string, burst, rosewood, tort, Aguilar 18v pre amp), which I sold to Brother Jones and he sold on, I will definitely make an exception.

I’ve only had one back as part of a trade, with a view to selling on anyway. It was an easy enough decision to let it go; as soon as I had it back I knew why I sold it.

However there are a few that I would have liked to have had back that I think I would have kept, knowing what I know now. A couple of them I did make enquiries about but weren’t to be, although it’s fair to say I’d have changed quite a few things on one of those. 

• Like 2