Why become a member? ×

The Beatles music WILL be heard in 1,000 years!

SteveK

This seems to answer that oft discussed topic, "How long into the future will The Beatles music be listened to?"

The article brings up more questions than it answers.

I'm a huge Beatles fan, but can't help thinking, musically speaking... Post apocalypse, wouldn't it be nice to just start again(?)

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/beatles-music-bomb-proof-vault-b1891562.html

it will indeed, as Beethoven and Carl orff is played today, music is here to stay in all its forms.

in fact one thing i recommend when i am teaching is start to write your own songs as soon as you can,

no matter how silly they seem.

Its the only thing you can leave  here when you are gone, keeping your name alive FOORRRREVVVVEEEERRRRRRR 🙂

some one in the future will deffo look as too where it came from 🙂

untill the earth is sucked into the sun, or the Rothschilds finish us all off first 😞

Edited by funkgod

51 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Hmm 1000 yrs?....I don't hear much stuff from William the conqueror's time being played these days, tho to be fair the cassette decks they had then were Shite....

Not a fan of Blackmore's Night, then!😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Looks like I have to be that guy: Does anyone really think that there will be anyone left here in 1000 years to listen to any music?

The lizards will be in charge.  Do they eat beetles?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, funkgod said:

it will indeed, as Beethoven and Carl orff is played today, music is here to stay in all its forms.

in fact one thing i recommend when i am teaching is start to write your own songs as soon as you can,

no matter how silly they seem.

Its the only thing you can leave  here when you are gone, keeping your name alive FOORRRREVVVVEEEERRRRRRR 🙂

some one in the future will deffo look as too where it came from 🙂

untill the earth is sucked into the sun, or the Rothschilds finish us all off first 😞

/\ this. Write your own music. Regardless of weather you perceive it to be hopeless, just do it, leave something of yourself behind.

36 minutes ago, mikel said:

/\ this. Write your own music. Regardless of weather you perceive it to be hopeless, just do it, leave something of yourself behind.

I'd suggest that, rather than be remembered by a terrible song, it would be better to leave behind something behind that you're actually good at.

With digital recordings being saved of millions of digital devices there's no reason why any artists music shouldn't still be around in a thousand years.

Except Nickleback and Coldplay. Their music must be destroyed for the sake of humanity. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

With digital recordings being saved of millions of digital devices there's no reason why any artists music shouldn't still be around in a thousand years.

Except Nickleback and Coldplay. Their music must be destroyed for the sake of humanity. 

Man, you must really hate Nickelback, you even spelt their name wrongly 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

I couldn't read the whole article as I don't subscribe but would be interested to know what format the recordings will be and what makes people think that the tech to play it will still be available in the future. It's conceivable that we consider high res now will be superseded by some other tech and the current formats will disappear over time in the same way that its difficult to find something to play a phonograph cylinder these days and that tech is only 100 odd years out of date. 

While there are a couple of pre historic compositions (Hurrian Hymn no 6" and "Seikilos Epitaph" no one really knows how to read the notation to reproduce them properly.  Other long standing music is either passed down by performance through generations, or more recently through standard notation.  Only if musicians continue to use standard notation will most music be understood, unless we have to endure wedding bands playing Hey Jude for the next 1000 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicko said:

I couldn't read the whole article as I don't subscribe but would be interested to know what format the recordings will be and what makes people think that the tech to play it will still be available in the future. It's conceivable that we consider high res now will be superseded by some other tech and the current formats will disappear over time in the same way that its difficult to find something to play a phonograph cylinder these days and that tech is only 100 odd years out of date. 

While there are a couple of pre historic compositions (Hurrian Hymn no 6" and "Seikilos Epitaph" no one really knows how to read the notation to reproduce them properly.  Other long standing music is either passed down by performance through generations, or more recently through standard notation.  Only if musicians continue to use standard notation will most music be understood, unless we have to endure wedding bands playing Hey Jude for the next 1000 years.

Good points, I also wondered about that. 

12 minutes ago, Nicko said:

As long as there's a recording in a digital format and digital technology exists then software to play the recording is possible. It's extremely likely though that music will be copied over to new formats as they are created. 

I'm not sure the resolution of recordings will increase significantly, mainly because the limiting factor will be the brain of the listener. One place resolution will increase is on streaming platforms because they are a bit crap.

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

I don't subscribe, but could read the whole thing. It is a small article.

I've looked around the internet for a little more info, but couldn't find much more.

Apparently they are going to use a "Future-proof digital storage"😂 

58 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I'm not sure the resolution of recordings will increase significantly, mainly because the limiting factor will be the brain of the listener.

"Brain"? In a thousand years brains will be soooo last millennium:crazy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I haven't studied musical history a whole lot. 1000 years ago the only music here in NZ was the birds singing.

What was popular music in 1021 anyway?

I'd wager monks being involved.