Why become a member? ×

Joey Jordison dead.

Cliff Edge

Joey Jordison, Slipknot’s founding drummer, dies at age 46

<https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/jul/28/slipknots-joey-jordison-corralled-chaos-with-his-explosive-talent>

Slipknot we’re never my cup of tea but it’s always sad to hear this kind of news. Particularly when the person is younger than yourself. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

He was a great drummer, with sheer power and stamina. I've read he had some long-standing condition that affected his legs, which is why he left Slipknot. As sad loss nevertheless at just 46.

Apparently he was sacked by the band as they thought he was taking drugs when in fact it was his condition that was causing his legs to lose movement. I think that's kind of shyte as even if he was on some form of drugs, why couldn't the band support him and help him through it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

Because it wasn't diagnosed until much later and they had already watched one member die from drug abuse?

Which doesn't excuse them not trying to help him through it. After they had watched Paul Gray die of drug dependency they sack another guy because they think he has the same affliction?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triumph_Rock said:

Sad news indeed, his drumming defined a generation of heavy metal drumming.

Yeah, he was an absolutely incredible drummer and was voted top drummer in some poll sometime. I can't remember which one but he was very highly regarded.

• Like 1

Very sad. Although I wasn't a big Slipknot fan I always appreciated their music and it was always the drumming that stood out for me. Joey's drumming was always brutally powerful yet incredibly precise and creative. 

I was a big fan of Joey's other band, Murderdolls. His drumming with the horror punk of Murderdolls was brilliant. 

1 minute ago, SteveXFR said:

I was a big fan of Joey's other band, Murderdolls. His drumming with the horror punk of Murderdolls was brilliant. 

Dont quote me but didn't Joey play guitar with the Murderdolls? They had a drummer who died. This is taken from Wikipedia so could be wrong.

Last line-up

Former members

Touring members
  • Roman Surman – guitar, backing vocals (2010–2011)
  • Jack Tankersley – bass (2010–2011)
  • Racci Shay – drums (2010-2011)
  • Jason West – drums (2011)