Why become a member? ×

PRS License Question

jonunders

Our village is planning a village picnic and ask if my band can provide some entertainment.

Would this require a licence?  Its a one off event ( most likely outside)

Who would be responsible for obtaining the license and how long does it last?

Jono

14 minutes ago, jonunders said:

Our village is planning a village picnic and ask if my band can provide some entertainment.

Would this require a licence?  Its a one off event ( most likely outside)

Who would be responsible for obtaining the license and how long does it last?

Jono

You can find a huge amount of info on the PRS website for all sorts of venues and I’ve seen one at around £26 per day…but don’t quote me on this! It be easier to call PRS and ask for the licensing dept . 

I'm with Fretmeister on this. If your village doesn't put on music regularly, you won't be on anyone's radar and nobody will care.

The amount of money that will fail to reach the big music conglomerates that own most of the copyrights will be measured in tiny, tiny fractions of a penny.

I would say, a lot of these kinds of events DO have licences. Schools, church fetes etc would know to obtain a licence because their main premises (the school (hall), the church hall etc) would already have one. It is the venue's responsibility to have a licence, not the performer(s).

Unless you are the owner/lessee of the venue, you don't need to worry.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, paul_c2 said:

I would say, a lot of these kinds of events DO have licences. Schools, church fetes etc would know to obtain a licence because their main premises (the school (hall), the church hall etc) would already have one. It is the venue's responsibility to have a licence, not the performer(s).

Unless you are the owner/lessee of the venue, you don't need to worry.

THIS.

• Like 1