Why become a member? ×

Dark theme (testing)

ped

5 hours ago, ped said:

Yes I noticed that too, thanks - I think it's because either the text is pasted from elsewhere and kept it's formatting or it was entered in a non standard colour on the light theme, if you see what I mean? Not sure I can do anything about that

That's a perennial problem with Dark themes. ''Select All'' will make it readable.

This looks great and really reduces the glare on a big monitor. I'm a fan.

One thing I have noticed though is that in the 'Messages' section, the highlighted thread is coloured a very bright orange, several shades more yellow than the colour used else where. Do you agree, and if so is there any possibility to tone it down a bit?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, pete.young said:

This looks great and really reduces the glare on a big monitor. I'm a fan.

One thing I have noticed though is that in the 'Messages' section, the highlighted thread is coloured a very bright orange, several shades more yellow than the colour used else where. Do you agree, and if so is there any possibility to tone it down a bit?

Aha! I knew that pesky yellow was somewhere! I've changed that, thanks. Might take a while to show on your system.

2 minutes ago, EssentialTension said:

The little 'moderator' bubbles have lost their colour.

Yeah, they're black with a grey shield inside - I think they're linked to another part of the site so changing them to Orange will change something else too... I'll have a play around! Thanks

10 hours ago, ped said:

The only thing I can’t seem to find is the default bright white background in the compact search bar on desktop mode. 

I’ll find it eventually. And I’ll kill it.

No @ped don't kill it, it's what makes the white theme interesting. It's really highly readable thanks to this.