Why become a member? ×

NBD Reverend Wattplover

Happy Jack

28 minutes ago, Gareth Hughes said:

Loveliness. Did that/does that come with the Bartolini neck pickup installed? How does it sound? Mike Watt has such a righteous tone.

I hadn't noticed that it was a Bartolini but yes, that combination of effectively three pickups was one of the main attractions to me.

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Love a green bass!!

Pick ups look amazing - 3Ps and a humbucker??? Can't wait for soundclips...

7 minutes ago, EssentialTension said:

Does it switch from 'P pickup' to 'Reverse P pickup'?

Yup, 3-way selector gives 'Reverse P', then 'Normal P', then Mudbucker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ped said:

That looks really cool. Where did you find it or was it ordered direct? 

Someone here on Basschat posted something about this bass (which I'd never heard of, despite spending time on the Reverend stand at NAMM in 2020 just after the launch - doh!) so I went and had a look online.

I was so smitten that I used what was left of my old Pasadena bank account to buy one from LA.

Edited by Happy Jack
  • Like 1

I’ve had my eye on one of these since the MKII great looking bass and you know it’s gonna sound top notch. 

Will be looking forward to the verdict once you’ve gotten to play it in anger at some shows. 

1 minute ago, krispn said:

Will be looking forward to the verdict once you’ve gotten to play it in anger at some shows. 

Nail --> Head.

I hate it when people buy something new and immediately 'review' it.

I need to spend some time with this before I know what to say. 

Something that was instantly obvious was that the strings are going to have to go. Nothing wrong with them at all, but I won't be happy until I hear this bass with LaBella flats.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

Nail --> Head.

I hate it when people buy something new and immediately 'review' it.

I need to spend some time with this before I know what to say. 

Something that was instantly obvious was that the strings are going to have to go. Nothing wrong with them at all, but I won't be happy until I hear this bass with LaBella flats.

I read so many ‘reviews’ on here and on the ‘net which does nothing more than list the specs and make claims about how this product, if it can do X,Y and Z will deliver the goods only to find out that the said bit of gear lives on a shelf, in a rack with ten other basses and never once sees a stage. This is so common on music sites where I’d be surprised if they’ve even played the bass - they’re just regurgitating the press release. I saw it recently with the Dark Ray - it might have been posted on that BC thread about it. 

Or it’s the gushing ‘review’ followed by the for sale ad a few weeks later citing its pristine ‘unused’ condition. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Nice. I've been eyeing the Brad Houser signature model myself. 

Good luck with that. There were only 79 Brad Houser models made. I've never seen one for sale in the UK (because if I had, I'd have bought it) and none of the people selling them in the US have been prepared to ship abroad.

Lovely instrument, while not a fan of green basses per se I really love the simplicity of the control setup. Neck Pup, P Pup & reverse P Pup seems so logical to tease out "step" changes in tone. Everything  looks functional  the 3 screw front jack socket, throughbody string option all "just enough" and no more. Looking forward to hearing sound clips. 

Congrats on your new member 🤣

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Good luck with that. There were only 79 Brad Houser models made. I've never seen one for sale in the UK (because if I had, I'd have bought it) and none of the people selling them in the US have been prepared to ship abroad.

Nice to know that at least 81 people on the planet have good taste... 82 if you include Brad Houser, I guess.