Why become a member? ×

Parody account or rich parents naively supporting?

Cat Burrito

14 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

If it genuinely IS a sociological experiment, then can I opt out?

I think the fact that you've taken time to watch some of it and comment means your work is done in terms of the experiment.

Wait....me too! Groan......!

26 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

I think the fact that you've taken time to watch some of it and comment means your work is done in terms of the experiment.

Gaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! etc...

Unfortunately I can only find Red Dress and Fantasy on her YT page. She only has 357 subscribers. If every BCer signed up her fanbase would grow by around 10,460%. We have a duty to perform. She is our new queen. Meanwhile we have some footage of her unplugged 

Edited by Barking Spiders

Bluddy hell

It's true some people are totally convinced they sound great.  It's no stretch of the imagination that my dog used to howl better than this loser, as long as i played the harmonica for my dog.

She never reacted to bass

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huge Hands said:

It definitely IS an experiment and I think that @Cat Burrito, who started this thread, either is Sarah Brand or helps her with the experiment.

Very clever way to create content for Sarah's MSc dissertation. BTW, the research method she is using is called netnography:

Netnography, an online research method originating in ethnography, is understanding social interaction in contemporary digital communications contexts. Netnography is a specific set of research practices related to data collection, analysis, research ethics, and representation, rooted in participant observation. In netnography, a significant amount of the data originates in and manifests through the digital traces of naturally occurring public conversations recorded by contemporary communications networks. Netnography uses these conversations as data. 

Netnography - Wikipedia

On 27/07/2021 at 15:39, Cat Burrito said:

This is what the internet was invented for. 

I can hear that it is out of tune, but not why it is out of tune.   Is it the odd choice of chords that gives a sense of discord?  Is she singing microtones - so, singing in between two conventional western notes (C half-sharp, say?).  Is it the use of glissando, that has her singing a sweep of notes that move towards, then past, the right pitch?

I am genuinely curious - if someone could analyse the song, and say what the notes are, I would be educated. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

if someone could analyse the song

I suspect she's somewhere between Eric Morecombe's "all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order" and every single note being Rong - like Les Dawson. Either way, it's proper comedy genius.

Oh come one, she's just doing a Katie Hopkins/Piers Morgan surely, this is the musical version of talking stinky poo and getting meeja for doing so. If not, she's either singing to a track that isn't the track we're hearing or her and the engineer had a serious falling out :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beedster said:

Or promotion for the 3rd vid in the OP

But even that was not a rescue... If its a uni experiment then the production value in the recorded tracks and videos must have cost a lot, so I'm not entirely convinced on that theory. There's easier ways to see how fast and how far a message travels on social media etc. I can believe its real. I once answered an ad for a country band where the singer claimed he'd recorded 12 albums, 10 of which in Nashville. He also had videos, none as glossy as that, but the songs and vocals were utterly utterly dreadful.