Why become a member? ×

RETRACTED: Zon Sonus 5 - 1994
£1620
Hoorn, the Netherlands

DiMarco

Selling simply because its time has come. I always bring my Fodera NYC Empire and sometimes the Sadowsky or Stingray neckthru when playing a fiver.
Bass is completely original except for the pre-amp which I upgraded to a John East Uni-pre 4 knob. Original Bartolini pre was broken when I bought the instrument.
Balance knob is wired reverse like it is on Sadowsky basses. This is due to one pickup having quite short pickup wires for the wire routing.

The Sonus has a somewhat thicker neck than more modern copies but not baseball bat thick. Very low action, no truss rod and not needing one. Scale is 34".

Will ship anywhere in Europe, hardcase included. Selling to UK is a nono due to brexit unless you want to pay a lot of taxes.

Top pic is overly shiny, bottom one more truthful. Beast of a bass! Looking to fetch 1900 euros for it + P&P.

Local pickup in Hoorn, the Netherlands also possible.

Cheers, Marco

FB_IMG_1557417437222.thumb.jpg.abf0f56ac91f1ddfbad6c2a8a25c80b6.jpg

Sonus.thumb.jpg.86b7858b4c33cf610f0a55db27472566.jpg

Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 9

Fiddled about with the john east pre in there. Adjusted the treble freq and bass higher + lower frequencies it boosts/cuts.
Also changed the default "middle position" nature from "slightly scooped" to "flat" mode.

Plugged it into my Hexa Valve. Oh boy. RETRACTED.

• Haha 1

• DiMarco changed the title to RETRACTED: Zon Sonus 5 - 1994
  • ped locked this topic