Why become a member? ×

Instrument Insurance recommendations?

MarshallBTB

I've been using New Moon to insure my nyckelharpa for the past few years. Very reasonable rates and easy to deal with, but I suppose one doesn't really know how good they are until one has to make a claim, which, touch wood, I haven't so far.

Edited by Earbrass

58 minutes ago, Earbrass said:

I've been using New Moon to insure my nyckelharpa for the past few years. Very reasonable rates and easy to deal with, but I suppose one doesn't really know how good they are until one has to make a claim, which, touch wood, I haven't so far.

Yes I’ve heard New Moon are good….called them a bit before lockdown and I felt okay about them but lockdown meant putting a hold on insurance for now…..and yes, a company is rated when claims are made as to how they respond!

I used Allianz years ago for my violin when I used to play. Had to claim for a bow that got damaged and they were fine about replacing it - just needed a decent repairer to assess it and say it was beyond economical repair.

I've used MusicGuard on-and-off for bass gear and PLI but fortunately haven't had to make a claim yet. I did ring them up when it came to this year's renewal and remove the gear from the policy just leaving the PLI (since gear doing nothing and going nowhere is adequately covered on the house insurance) and that was a perfectly friendly and efficient conversation which resulted in the right things happening, so no red flags.

I have several policies with Allianz. Glad I did as when my cello fell over a few years ago, there were no issues getting it fixed by the luthier (fingerboard had come off, the bridge snapped, seams sprung open and badly marked).

Edited by zbd1960
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Earbrass said:

Ditto to all the above.