Why become a member? ×

Badges! We don't need no stinking badges!

Just now, Waddo Soqable said:

Probably lost mine in a desperate battle over the golf course armed with gat guns and lone star cap pistols..

That's not the kind of rusty sheriffs badge I meant, unless you got shot in the derriere.

11 minutes ago, lownote said:

All this jolly badinage is just helping a cunning plot to lure us into acquiescence. Badges are the work of satan. To quote Gandalf "flee you fools, this is an enemy beyond any of you". 

Only by gaming the system can we win. Can I have a like?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I also think the badge thing stupid. We could always give them back like the Beatles. Fire millions of them at the Administrators. "You say you want a revolution ... ..."

😆

DEB2402E-9AFB-444E-A885-001EE735FA06.gif

Edited by snorkie635
Medals, badges, medals ... ...
  • Like 1

I wish to "Identify" as a Basschat Legend today but not tomorrow. Well, maybe part of tomorrow morning would be nice but I'm reserving my "Right" to cancel just in case. How will this be achieved without me being intentionally offended? 

Will there be a "Right Geek" badge for members who know about Ohms and that other hard stuff like that too? 😂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

It's very thoughtful of Ped to create DOI the 2nd ..............

😎

Ready and complete with ranks too.

However, whilst Ped and the other admins created a potential spawning ground for such a coming together (:hi:), I think @Newfoundfreedom must take the plaudits for the formation of this thread, even if it was never potentially, envisaged that it would descend down this, often surreal, path.

49 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Brian May To Sue Basschat

Brian-May.jpg.ba55b76b79c2ec6e140cf674a2e5f293.jpg

Against strong legal advice, the stargazing Queen guitarist is to sue the international British-owned social media circus.

In a statement from his office, Mr. May said: "I don't mind those gobby tw*ts sitting around talking b*llocks all day, but if they start messing with my beloved furry little handfuls, they'll end up with egg on their faces."

Prosecutors are standing by the chorusy-toned star, saying "Many of our well respected colleagues have brushed off the case, suggesting that our client ought to pop back to Vision Express now that lockdown is easing, but they clearly don't share our vision, passion, and dedication to the extraction of funds from the misguided wealthy. We shall continue our dilligent building of this case until it is laughed out of court."

From beneath a pub table, the harrassed leader of the embattled site, who couldn't remember his name to give to our reporter, quoth "We're still in the middle of a massive bloody update, and it's the badges what stink- we couldn't give a toss about Brian and his stupid animals!" followed by a large belch and that kind of hand gesture you can do to get the barman to bring another whisky chaser when you're too far gone to make it to the bar.

In response, the prosecution issued a response: "This is a clear indication that the accused couldn't care less about our client's cause, and re-statment of the percieved aromatic deficiencies of the woodland creatures in question. We believe the facts of this case to be entirely black and white."

At the time of writing, sales of May's new £177 perfume, Save Me, designed in collaboration with Xerjoff to smell of sandalwood and badger and released in January 2021, continue to progress 'at snail's pace'.

Well, reading your very interesting "Brian May To Sue Basschat" post, I now understand why you list "My own little world" as your location 😉 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, casapete said:

Mike Batt formed The Wombles Band, and performed on TOTP as Orinoco.  The guitarist was none other than renowned session ace Chris Spedding, along with drumming legend Clem Cattini. 

And the bassist was my old school friend Les Hurdle. When I knew him he was getting a great sound out of an EBO with added bridge pickup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Screenshot_20210727-112319_Chrome.jpg.668b5bb92f8d817b0bda14a7ca0d1bc4.jpg

So....

Screenshot_20210727-112343_Chrome.jpg.d0332f903a64b8c7bcd21b73d7e03f05.jpg

....yessssss

Screenshot_20210727-112410_Chrome.jpg.4ea7bd4e65671a2cda9f6eeee1a6abba.jpg

We need MORE badges. The badge for "Collaborator" looks exactly like the one for "Community Regular". How does that motivate me to make it to the next level? Not cool ☹️

• Like 1

I just seen mine in another topic and came here to say ...

" what a load of crap, get rid" and seen this topic.

SO....

what a load of crap, get rid

its blocking peoples pic.

I cant now see what bass newfoundfreedom has to see if he is worthy of a reply 🙂

Dam.

Edited by funkgod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bassace said:

And the bassist was my old school friend Les Hurdle. When I knew him he was getting a great sound out of an EBO with added bridge pickup.

The entire group was sessions players (Les playing on work by Chris Spedding for instance). According to wiki, Spedding used his usual white Gibson Flying V when playing (or miming in the case of TOTP) as part of the Wombles - maybe Les Hurdle had moved on to a Rickenbacker bass for this. Having been asked to write the initial song (which was very successful) and waived his fee, Batt had negotiated an arrangement whereby he could write more songs and he and the band make money from this - resulting in a stream of hits over several years. 

According to wiki, on one TOTP the band Steeleye Span donned the outfits as the proper band wasn’t available. 

So folks, this is what the average session musician and writer/producer (or famous folk rock group) might get up to (making money playing music as part of a sort of park keeper/rubbish collector furry creature franchise). Well I suppose Ringo narrated Thomas the Tank Engine, but somehow the roles played by the likes of Carol Kaye, Herbie Flowers (what a great, creative player he is) etc etc always seem more glamorous - I guess they’ve all had to play questionable music, but wonder if any of them performed in quite such silly outfits as this!!! 

Now badges - I believe I’m now on level 10 of 14 but only about 800 to go till my next level is achieved 😀

I’m expecting the odds are the site will be updated again and the ‘badges’ dropped before I reach the next level….. even if it’s not done for several years…. 

Edited by drTStingray

1 hour ago, bassace said:

Ah, that explains a lot. I went for an audition yesterday for the reformed Wombles gig.

Trying to curry favour with the MD I mentioned I was an avid recycler and have been committed to keeping Britain tidy since I was a kid.

“Do you think that serves me in good stead, I’d really love this gig”, I said.

“That’s admirable”, he replied, “but you do know you’ve got one Les Hurdle to overcome”.

”That’s good news”, I reckoned. 

“What?!”, he said, scratching his head and looking bemused.

And so it went on… 

• Haha 8