Why become a member? ×

Badges! We don't need no stinking badges!

Don’t fully understand how the badges system works but when we last moved house I did find a box with some of my old badges from the late 70s and early 80s. Didn’t know I still had them. These badges made me feel old. But it’s okay, I am old 😂

25D09D9F-A16B-4A33-BED7-2C4D6A0F8174.thumb.jpeg.dfc23aff441d2653cb6d0b1c18230f2a.jpeg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I still don't get why it is says "Badges! We don't need no stinking badges!" in the thread title. Why are they stinking and what are they stinking of? I cannot smell anything. I even sniffed the computer screen but just cannot smell anything. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Maybe you should get a covid test.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, meterman said:

Yes! I had a couple of their records, I loved the bass lines.

Yes, Jah Wobble could certainly come up with a great line.  "He used to be somebody.  I repeat he used to be somebody"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

Yes, Jah Wobble could certainly come up with a great line.  "He used to be somebody.  I repeat he used to be somebody"

I’ve heard some of his early reggae stuff and it was good, is it not now Nicko , I don’t really know much about him 🙂

Edited by Reggaebass

4 hours ago, Nicko said:

Just as a trial, I checked out your list.

My profile said 473 points from the next level.  A post in off topic leaves it unchanged.  

A "Thanks" TLRT on your post gave me 3 points.  Whoopee.

EDIT:  Replying to your post gave me 2 points.

EDIT:  But editing my own post gives 0.

The "points" you speak about, would they be the ones connected to one's Rank or to Watts?
Trying just a bit (trying to make sure my comprehension-demanding brain doesn't turn this into science), I couldn't replicate.

Edit: oh, waidaminnet. Suddenly the "points needed" went down by 7, so I guess there is some lag, or one has to do certain stuff for the system to update.
Must resist urge to science.

Edited by BassTractor

15 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

The "points" you speak about, would they be the ones connected to one's Rank or to Watts?
Trying just a bit (trying to make sure my comprehension-demanding brain doesn't turn this into science), I couldn't replicate.

Edit: oh, waidaminnet. Suddenly the "points needed" went down by 7, so I guess there is some lag, or one has to do certain stuff for the system to update.
Must resist urge to science.

I agree/disagree with this person.

Edit: yup, seems to give two unjustified points - not that one should even use five minutes changing the code.

Edited by BassTractor
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

If you click on your profile at the top of the page it will show your rank and the number of "points" until you power up.   I'm not sure how watts is connected to points.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nicko said:

If you click on your profile at the top of the page it will show your rank and the number of "points" until you power up.   I'm not sure how watts is connected to points.

Yeah, my assumption before trying was this. But then my points weren't updated when I tried to replicate - and I now assume that was due to lag.
Lag or my incredible speed. I combine the body of an athlete with the mind of a genius! 😁

2 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I still don't get why it is says "Badges! We don't need no stinking badges!" in the thread title. Why are they stinking and what are they stinking of? I cannot smell anything. I even sniffed the computer screen but just cannot smell anything. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

I think it depends on their rankness

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, meterman said:

Don’t fully understand how the badges system works but when we last moved house I did find a box with some of my old badges from the late 70s and early 80s. Didn’t know I still had them. These badges made me feel old. But it’s okay, I am old 😂

25D09D9F-A16B-4A33-BED7-2C4D6A0F8174.thumb.jpeg.dfc23aff441d2653cb6d0b1c18230f2a.jpeg

Now that's a quality set of badges, however, the essential Crass badge is missing. See me after class.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Now that's a quality set of badges, however, the essential Crass badge is missing. See me after class.

Oops, yeah, sorry! 😞 I don’t remember having a Crass badge. I did work alongside their guitarist for a while in the 90s though. Lovely fella.

• Like 2