Why become a member? ×

Badges! We don't need no stinking badges!

10 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I imagine if you just repeatedly posted one word over and over again, as seperate posts, you'd get badges and funny titles galore

Were one to do so, I’ve no doubt one would be rated “upstanding member”.

Edited by nige1968
Autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just realised that while I may have some way to go before I am a Grand Master (is that a Gretsch?) I have at least reached drawer-dropping status. 

Will set up a separate begging thread to build up my likes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taunton-hobbit said:

In my school, it didn't matter if you were the Son of God - if you couldn't play fookin football you never got close to one of these ...

😎

We used to tar and feather those who couldn't play footy. As a crime against God and society it was up there with forgetting to keep the Sabbath day holy and coveting your neighbour's missus

7 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

We used to tar and feather those who couldn't play footy. As a crime against God and society it was up there with forgetting to keep the Sabbath day holy and coveting your neighbour's missus

I once ran a training course hosted in Notts Forest’s trophy room because it was the only venue available. When the caretakery bloke showed me through he asked me which team I supported.  When I said I couldn’t give a toss about football you’d have thought I’d confessed to shagging his missis. Probably worse actually. 

Edited by lownote
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveFry said:

Could someone please explain the symbol that looks like a Gaucho’s tool of the trade ?

What is it meant to represent ?

It means that you are a collaborator, selling nuclear secrets to the enemy.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lownote said:

I once ran a training course hosted in Notts Forest’s trophy room because it was the only venue available. When the caretakery bloke showed me through he asked me which team I supported.  When I said I couldn’t give a toss about football you’d have thought I’d confessed to shagging his missis. Probably worse actually. 

Absolutely, as we all know in many football fan circles, anyone admitting to not being interested in footy often ends up being derided as a handbag waving 'nancy boy'/'p**ftah'/'fairy'/nonce' etc.

21 minutes ago, lownote said:

Yeah, I’m not into football really, I was competent enough to be on the school team, but I really have never had much interest in it.

My lad is well into it and the other football parents (mainly the dads) treat me like a leper when I can’t discuss the inner workings of premier league teams and the failings of various managers etc.

it is a “eurgh, what’s WRONG with you?!” Kind of reaction.

12 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Yeah, I’m not into football really, I was competent enough to be on the school team, but I really have never had much interest in it.

My lad is well into it and the other football parents (mainly the dads) treat me like a leper when I can’t discuss the inner workings of premier league teams and the failings of various managers etc.

it is a “eurgh, what’s WRONG with you?!” Kind of reaction.

You should ask the footer dads , "what do you think then, Jazz or P bass? "

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

You should ask the footer dads , "what do you think then, Jazz or P bass? "

Haha, to be fair 3 of them came to a gig and were very gracious - they’re not big on the finer points of funk rock, but they’re decent blokes.

very much “my mate played the drums when we were kids” kind of conversation.

After that, I tried to keep myself abreast of transfer gossip and results from the previous weekend etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pseudonym said:

I sense that this badge malarkey is subject to abuse. Its scope for mutual promotion rivals book reviewing.

You put that argument so well, my dear Pseudonym. Your acuity reminds me of my mentor Prof. A J P Taylor at his intellectual peak.

(Like given)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

I sense that this badge malarkey is subject to abuse. Its scope for mutual promotion rivals book reviewing.

An insightful and well constructed point. I have read other posts by @Pseudonym and, yet again, his writing fails to disappoint and hits the mark succinctly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3