Why become a member? ×

Badges! We don't need no stinking badges!

19 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Watts worked fine for me. Easy to see, no decoding required, simple and effective.

Me too, was easy to see if someone was a new member or not, which matters when you're getting enquiries about stuff for sale. 

I'm finding the new layout hard to navigate and it melts my head a bit all the different forum subsections combined but I understand that it's at the mercy of the host software developers so we need to just get used to it, which won't take long, hopefully! 

Just now, Cat Burrito said:

I seem to be doing much better with badges on Basschat than I ever did during my stint in the local Cub Scouts circa 1982!

At least you can't be kicked out of BC for not cleaning your shoes or having your woggle on crooked - or can you? 

Don’t know if this was a thing where various BC members are - but right around the time I was booted out of Cubs, we used to say “ah mate, get yourself a chufty badge” when someone was showing off…

”ah look, David’s got the United kit…chufty badge for him…”

I want a BC Chufty badge.

1F8BF2DF-6C2A-4B7B-9A49-168508E65176.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Reggaebass said:

I had this one for about a week at school 

46AB664F-6A1C-4707-8386-E0CB59063597.png

I got made a prefect on the second run, when they’d sacked a few for misbehaving. It was in about April 2000, I finished school in June 2000 so I managed to hang onto it…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawnPatroller said:

I don't like them either. But yesterday my 'rank' badge upgraded to the next one up and I hadn't done anything!

Please get rid mods, they are very stupid.

Of course I agree.
That said, looking at your Rank, I've decided to start getting up earlier in the morning, DawnPatroller ... 😐

😉 

3 minutes ago, cetera said:

I used to be a 'custard-chucking, throbbing member'..... but now I'm just a 'supporting member'.

How the mighty have fallen :(

It’s an age thing. I understand that Pfizer manufactures a pill that might help, blue in colour.

• Haha 2

img.cAuthorPane_badge,
ul.cAuthorPane_info li:nth-of-type(2) {
    display:none;
}

Not that I'm bothered you understand, but if you did want to kill the sucky gamification, this sledgehammer will crack that particular nut ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1