Why become a member? ×

Tribute bands - Soundalike vs Lookalike

Nibody

9 minutes ago, Trueno said:

I remember when you could get a plastic Beatles wig for 2/6 at Woollies.

That'll be the one i had back in 63/64. I even had the EP All My Loving for my birthday and still have it. 

I dont have the wig or guitar tho.

Dave

5 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

That'll be the one i had back in 63/64. I even had the EP All My Loving for my birthday and still have it. 

I dont have the wig or guitar tho.

Dave

Shame… they’d be worth at least 15/6 by now.

My brother still has all the original EPs… in mono, of course. Because he was older and bought the Beatles stuff, I ended up having to get Frank Ifield and Freddie and the Dreamers.

9 minutes ago, Trueno said:

Shame… they’d be worth at least 15/6 by now.

My brother still has all the original EPs… in mono, of course. Because he was older and bought the Beatles stuff, I ended up having to get Frank Ifield and Freddie and the Dreamers.

I inherited all my Mothers older singles including Frank Ifield and Freddie too. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I inherited all my Mothers older singles including Frank Ifield and Freddie too. 👍

My mum mainly had classical records, the only single i recall was "concrete and clay" by unit 4 plus 2...   and there was some 'orrible lp by the Seekers...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

My mum mainly had classical records, the only single i recall was "concrete and clay" by unit 4 plus 2...   and there was some 'orrible lp by the Seekers...

Think every family had a Seekers album or single in the house 😀

My mother generally had popular songs from the radio. She did have an old Platters album which i just loved the harmonies. She was also a bit of an Elvis fan but most women probably liked Elvis back in 50's

Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Respect indeed !

Wouldn't fancy even attempting that !

One of Mrs Ubits brothers is left handed and he learned right handed guitar. He is incredible and could have had a professional career in music if he hadn't decided he would rather have a family.

One thing that twisted my melon was the left-handed John Sykes lookalikey in a Lizzy trib, who played left handed, but with the strings upside down, too - his solos sounded right but looked allll wrong. When I chatted to him he said he'd learned by borrowing his brother's guitar and, because nobody had told him otherwise, just flipped it over.

9 minutes ago, Muzz said:

One thing that twisted my melon was the left-handed John Sykes lookalikey in a Lizzy trib, who played left handed, but with the strings upside down, too - his solos sounded right but looked allll wrong. When I chatted to him he said he'd learned by borrowing his brother's guitar and, because nobody had told him otherwise, just flipped it over.

Jimmy Haslip bassist from Yellowjackets i think was the same.

Amazing soloist too but not sure how he manages to do his slap style.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

2 hours ago, EssentialTension said:

It's quite normal for classically trained players to play right-handed - even if they are left-handed in everyday life.

Katriona Gilmore (Gilmore and Roberts) plays violin right-handed and mandolin left-handed, and is exceptionally talented with both instruments.

4 hours ago, steantval said:

Probably the most famous.

750A5B00-512A-438B-935D-583173A19350.jpeg

Noooo....that's strung the right way up - it's not a right handed Strat just turned over...the pics of Messrs Dale and King shows the 'sounds right, looks wrong' stringing...

• Like 1