• Nicko
    • Waddo Soqable
    • leonard smalls
    • Nail Soup
    • xgsjx
    • lurksalot
    • upside downer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/07/21 at 23:01

This is it, the start of the second half of the calendar year , July is coming to an end and we are thus in need of a voting poll to decide on the BC favourite composition of this very month.

The compositions have taken the following picture as inspiration which was splendidly chosen by last month’s victor @Leonard Smalls 

ruins-factory-industrial-area-ruin-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Voting will close at midnight on 31st July

Your choices for this month are as follows , please pick your fave 3 

1          @Dad3353

Nature has a way of responding to misuse and abuse of her bounty. Now abandoned by those hoping to make a quick (on Nature's timescale...) profit from this area, winds whistle and howl through the broken panes, rattling anything left loose, echoing in and out of the cisterns and tubes, pipes and wires; anything to display some disapproval. Are they voices, or is it our heightened imagination..? Heavenly choirs or shrieking demons..? Let your conscience be your guide...

2         @Rikki1984

For some reason I keep on including vocals despite my innate lack of ability to sing or write lyrics!

3         @Nicko

The theme of the song is Urban Decay.  The lyrics (such as they are) are about towns disappearing but the music starts with a clean, simple theme and the idea was to add more and more layers to represent the graffiti that builds up over time .  Of course, it's urban so I went for a bit of poor rapping.

4         @Waddo Soqable

you can call it Orchestral Piece 4 if you like..

5         @Leonard Smalls

We have "Flowers", a song about decay of relationship, plus a general musing on how folks live closely together.

6 @Nail Soup

The picture bought to mind the decayed industry we see around us, a thriving workplace has become a void. I called the song "Into The Void" and that in turn led to a downbeat, goth-y feel.

7         @xgsjx

This one is a different view on the pic.  Looking at it as a great memory.  One where you feel warm and happy.  Maybe you worked in the factory?  Maybe it was a party in this factory?  Maybe you found love here?  Whatever it may have been, it's a happy place to visit.

8         lurksalot

The track starts in sombre reflection of times past , but very soon jumps into the lively present, whilst also giving a nod to the incompleteness of its current state ....really !!

9         @upside downer

The image struck me as eerie, erratic, sparse, curious and out of time so my strange effort hopefully reflects that oddness.

Voting will close at midnight on 31st July

Good luck everyone

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Gonna have a listen to these just now.

The wording for my track was my original entry. This is more relevant…

This one is a different view on the pic.  Looking at it as a great memory.  One where you feel warm and happy.  Maybe you worked in the factory?  Maybe it was a party in this factory?  Maybe you found love here?  Whatever it may have been, it's a happy place to visit.

22 minutes ago, xgsjx said:

Gonna have a listen to these just now.

The wording for my track was my original entry. This is more relevant…

This one is a different view on the pic.  Looking at it as a great memory.  One where you feel warm and happy.  Maybe you worked in the factory?  Maybe it was a party in this factory?  Maybe you found love here?  Whatever it may have been, it's a happy place to visit.

I’ve Edited the main blurb for you Graeme 👍

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, upside downer said:

Well done @lurksalot, great tune and a kick up the backside for auto-tune! 😁

😂😂 many thanks , and yes , I have the auto tune as a set default on my vocal track template , then it takes so long to actually work out what notes I am supposed to being singing that I turn it off anyway 😂

• Haha 1