Why become a member? ×

Anyone seen anything like this?

leschirons

Man you blokes are tough it probably plays and sounds great. Where's your sense of adventure? It's no good 'cause it doesn't have $1000 price tag? I have a bass that I paid $30 US "as is", no strap buttons, one pu dead. Straight neck, took the frets out, sings. Buy it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

To me it is. I don't find Fenders particularly good looking, but their proportions are ok, the ratio of body to head and radius of body compared to horn area.  This has all those proportions skewed.

Yes, great isn't it. I'll find out later if I've won it at auction😂

• Haha 1

I saw sweet play once, it was about 40 years ago.  At the end of the gig they all unplugged and smashed their guitars up.  At the time I thought it was such a cliche and a waste of good guitars.  Now if I was to form a Sweet tribute band I could use a bass like this at the end of the set to get into the 70s cliche vibe.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

I saw sweet play once, it was about 40 years ago.  At the end of the gig they all unplugged and smashed their guitars up.  At the time I thought it was such a cliche and a waste of good guitars.  Now if I was to form a Sweet tribute band I could use a bass like this at the end of the set to get into the 70s cliche vibe.

Bet it'd turn out to be made of some mad hardwood and you wouldn't be able to break the bastard ! :)

• Haha 2

Well, I didn't win it.  I put in a max of £21 and it apparently went for £46 so I can only assume that a couple of you drove up to, or down to Norfolk yesterday, scuppered my plans.  and are at this moment, burning it.

Shame, I feel that we've all lost out in a way🤣

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, leschirons said:

Well, I didn't win it.  I put in a max of £21 and it apparently went for £46 so I can only assume that a couple of you drove up to, or down to Norfolk yesterday, scuppered my plans.  and are at this moment, burning it.

Shame, I feel that we've all lost out in a way🤣

Indeed.. it was an utter piece of sh!t... but, it was OUR utter piece of sh!t...  :(

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

Yes but if you are in a Sweet tribute band you will have to dress up like a plonker anyway so the audience would assume it was part of the show

Of course, what was i thinking !

You'd have to be the one that says... "We just haven't got a clue w-what to do.."  etc ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Of course, what was i thinking !

You'd have to be the one that says... "We just haven't got a clue w-what to do.."  etc ;)

either that or the man at the back says everyone attack...and we all have a go.

• Like 1