Why become a member? ×

Cort B5 - Price drop
£200
Streatham, London

thack

Right, deep breath. 

Up sale my first 'decent' bass. An original model Cort B5. I haven't seen any of these on sale anywhere. Not much different to the current model, except it has a single piece African Wenge neck and a more aggressive looking headstock. This is a lovely bass. The neck is like silk, no neck dive, comfortable body shape and a decent pre-amp. It really comes alive through distortion, great attack (plus it looks fudging metal). An ideal first 5er IMO.

Full disclosure, the neck has broken twice. First before I bought it where it was badly repaired with a rosewood volute stuck to the back of it. Then I broke it a while back when I leant it on a swivel chair. I made a post about it here if you wanna check it out. I repaired it properly (stripped it, soaked it, pinned it, glued it, clamped it, sanded it). And since then it has been solid as a rock. Also got a bit of a ding by the lower strap button, it gets hidden by the strap. The hipshot tuners rattle a little bitt too, but you only notice this when playing it unplugged.

Currently strung with a high string, so E-C (I was experimenting with chords, Cliff Burton style solos and Royal Blood stuff). But I might have a spare B, so can string it lower if you want.

Specs:

1 pc Wenge neck

Swamp ash body

34" scale

4.3kg

17mm string spacing

45mm nut

Hipshot lightweight tuners

Bartolini MK1 humbuckers and pre-amp with 9v circuit

Volume, Pickup Pan, BMT knobs, Passive/Active switch

Would prefer collection or can meet in 10 mile radius of Streatham, London. Post or courier will cost extra as I will need to get it boxed up and sent.

IMG20210724174230.jpg

IMG20210724174236.jpg

IMG20210724174259.jpg

IMG20210724174304.jpg

IMG20210724174400.jpg

Edited by thack
Price drop

• thack changed the title to Cort B5 - Price drop
  • 4 weeks later...