Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette Std 6 pricing help!

enjoi_baggy

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I'm looking to sell my 2007 German made Warwick Corvette Std 6 string, but am struggling to find any that have sold on here or eBay to get a ballpark figure.

I have changed the hardware to black Warwick stuff, replaced the nut with a JAN III and upgraded the tuners to Hipshot Ultralites. Pretty good condition with only a few minor blemishes.

Any ideas?

I know someone will utter that it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it! 😅

Cheers!

Phill

Edited-2299.jpg

Edited-2300.jpg

Edited-2301.jpg

Edited-2302.jpg

Edited-2306.jpg

Edited-2315.jpg

The Corvette 6 comes in two formats, one with an ash body, and one with the bubinga body (yours). It looks like the std active model (there have been variations over the years such as the Proline with a flamed maple top). They’re usually bulletproof but the ovngkol neck can be rather chunky. The ash model tends to suffer from neck dive as the body is lighter than the neck, but the bubinga one tends to be a bit heavier. The current models are the Pro Series (“Teambuilt”) in Germany and, having had one, they’re indistinguishable from the previous German series, other than chrome hardware only. I’d concur with the lower end of Oliver’s assessment - 6 strings have a relatively small market, and despite the high quality, Warwick used prices are fairly low, so £800 is probably where I would pitch it. I would put the original tuners/hardware back on if you have them, and sell the ultralites separately as you’d make more money.

As a former Warwick-head I much prefer the bubinga corvette to the ash. I agree you’d probably get more by selling the black hardware separately… but I love the black. If I still played Warwicks and wanted a six string… I’d be tempted by £850 plus postage.

I sold a fretless BO Thumb 4 (circa 2007) for £800 a few years ago… for reference.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Unfortunately one of the original Warwick tuners snapped, which is why I had to replace them! I've heard this is quite common with some of them.

It's in pretty good condition with only a small bit of thumb wear above the neck PU and very light buckle rash on the rear.

It's the different variations over the years that have been throwing me off getting a figure in mind.

I'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks whether I really want to part with it at around £800. Having had it from new (paid for by my student loan!) it holds a bit of sentimentality, so we will see!

Thanks again!

14 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I never found mods actually added any values unless they were something very desirable.

This.

I laugh when I see an advert saying "I've put £200 worth of new pickups in it"

Yes - and you removed £200 worth of new pickups at the same time. 

• Like 1

After much deliberation, I have decided to not let go of the Corvette just yet. I am going to use it as a back up to my Streamer, so I'm selling a load of other equipment to justify keeping it!

Thank you everyone for weighing in on this. It has helped me make a decision and has been quite enlightening!