Why become a member? ×

New Phil Jones nano combo… smallest one yet.

Musicman666

20 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

Half a Double 4 by the look of it, and “Asia Market Only”

https://pjbworld.com/cms/index.php/p-x-4-combo-amp-asia-only/

Ak thanks …of course look on their website …lol.

I guess it will come to the uk eventually..

At this rate I can see Phil going in the direction of making just one standard bass module and then you just stack them all together like Lego to create the setup of your choice..

Edited by Musicman666
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pineweasel said:

Half a Double 4 by the look of it, and “Asia Market Only”

https://pjbworld.com/cms/index.php/p-x-4-combo-amp-asia-only/

Odd - it has an electronic crossover, but only one speaker according to the website, and no mention of battery operation, which would help it compete against the likes of the Rolland Bass cube.

David

• Thanks 1

While we're waiting for the nano PB to hit the UK market, something comparably loud with very decent bass, even more compact and with multifx, tuner, drums, aux-in and looper all included can be got from this Megaboom micro rig...batteries definitely an option too! 😀

Rig - Micro 21-05.jpg

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 4

On 23/07/2021 at 09:37, Mottlefeeder said:

Odd - it has an electronic crossover, but only one speaker according to the website.

My experience of PJB documentation and press releases is that their copy is not good, to put it mildly. They're riddled with typographical or factual errors and I'm guessing this is a copy pasta from another product, or a prototype.

If it's not a mistake then it's conceivable that the speaker is coax, but again given PJB's history of mistakes and the heritage of the double4, I think that's unlikely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Al Krow said:

While we're waiting for the nano PB to hit the UK market, something comparably loud with very decent bass, even more compact and with multifx, tuner, drums, aux-in and looper all included can be got from this Megaboom micro rig...batteries definitely an option too! 😀

Rig - Micro 21-05.jpg

3 hours ago, owen said:

If there is a crossover in there,might it be to plug it into something bigger to deal with the LF on a larger stage? I can see the attraction of that. 

The website says that there's an instrument in, an aux in and a headphone out. Can't see any other io in the photos either. Shame because I agree that it would be a nice idea.

On 24/07/2021 at 11:18, Al Krow said:

Rig - Micro 21-05.jpg

Interesting.  I'm  guessing the ickle Boss item is a wireless for bass >>>> B1 four and that the Megaboom has an aux in?

My UE Boom is Bluetooth only, so I'd need a Bluetooth transmitter,  so that's a no-go for me. Otherwise, I'd do something similar with my Pandora...

1 hour ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Interesting.  I'm  guessing the ickle Boss item is a wireless for bass >>>> B1 four and that the Megaboom has an aux in?

My UE Boom is Bluetooth only, so I'd need a Bluetooth transmitter,  so that's a no-go for me. Otherwise, I'd do something similar with my Pandora...

Yup - that's exactly right. Boss WL-20 wireless and aux in on the Megaboom. Works well with any speaker with aux in - here's the same set up with my smaller Creative speakers:

Rig - Micro 21-03.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Musicman666 said:

Does this handle a low B?

I'd say no better than half decent headphones. Decently adequate for home practice, but it's not going to blow you away.

Limitation is always going to be the quality of your speakers with this sort of set up. You'll maybe already have an idea of how good Creative portable speakers and / or a Megaboom are for musical output - that's what you'll be getting with this mini rig set up.

Edited by Al Krow

5 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I'd say no better than half decent headphones. Decently adequate for home practice, but it's not going to blow you away.

Limitation is always going to be the quality of your speakers with this sort of set up. You'll maybe already have an idea of how good Creative portable speakers and / or a Megaboom are for musical output - that's what you'll be getting with this mini rig set up.

Thing is that the pjb stuff no matter how small handles the lowB, well at least I assume it’s the case with this latest offering, certainly the double four can do it.

2 hours ago, Musicman666 said:

Thing is that the pjb stuff no matter how small handles the lowB, well at least I assume it’s the case with this latest offering, certainly the double four can do it.

Ah ok. But a Zoom B1-4 plus those small creatives (T20s) comes to around £125 new. So you pays your money...

Having said that I wouldn't want to be gigging a PJB nano combo with 4" speakers, so we are talking purely about home use here.

13 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Ah ok. But a Zoom B1-4 plus those small creatives (T20s) comes to around £125 new. So you pays your money...

Having said that I wouldn't want to be gigging a PJB nano combo with 4" speakers, so we are talking purely about home use here.

Home use for sure, just practising on the sofa type stuff.