Why become a member? ×

Hello from a Seattle girl

Inara

Hi everyone - I don't know why I haven't joined before now. I'm an American, living in Seattle, but years ago I lived in Yorkshire for a little while. I loved it, and didn't want to leave, but life circumstances kind of forced me back across the pond. I started playing very young, about 30 years ago, and have played primarily fretless for most of that time. I'm about to get back into fretted playing though, for a bit of a change and to brush up on some solo chordal and tapping pieces I've written that I've been too lazy to try perfecting on fretless.

My main bass right now is a purple fretless PJ parts bass with a Squier body, Warmoth neck, and DiMarzio Model PJ pickups that I put together early in 2020, right after the pandemic really hit. I also have a beat-up 1986 Pedulla Buzz that a previous owner stripped the finish from, including the headstock logo (but the atrocities visited upon the poor instrument resulted in me being able to afford it, so there's that).

My main amp is a TC Electronic RH450 into one or two Schroeder Mini 12+ L cabinets. I also have an EA Doubler head, and a Bergantino AE410 cabinet with weird white "tribal-ish" paint all over it (but the atrocities visited upon the poor ... etc).

Anyway, I'm happy to be here. I've visited and lurked a number of times, but finally decided to take the plunge and join. Cheers!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Welcome - the more the merrier

why not post some pictures of your very interesting sounding kit? 

Thanks! Here they are ... I no longer own the Quilter head or the Ibanez Portamento bass, but I can't find another photo of the Bergantino right now ...

1083467138_IMG_20190106_1124493002.thumb.jpg.21308f02f05043744fe2fd2040bf842c.jpg1475199815_20201221_0907512.thumb.jpg.a62b65de411423faebe35eb19919f514.jpg20210715_143612.thumb.jpg.88d968c44efe2160aaa901cb81ca8232.jpgIMG_1561.thumb.jpg.d3981d18b8384d7e2c8ebe25284e5488.jpg

• Like 8

19 hours ago, lownote said:

Frets

151001-training-wheels-bike-mn-1245_1af2dd4bb1a28532e80e5dcaa7977924.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

That’s a bit rude; I have small children and a disabled partner. I work full time and so don’t get enough time to practice to leave frets behind; I find this offensive. I’d love a fretless to try, or an EUB but right now it would just be an expensive dust collecting ornament 😞

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 2

I have both fretted and fretless. They do different things and although I love fretless, I would never consider frets as training wheels (I'm currently loving my short scale fretted). I'm not a Jaco fan, but he is mostly revered in the bass community. Jaco played both fretted and a lined fretless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard R said:

I have one of those, with frets. Hope to resume practicing now things have calmed down.

😉

20210222_083623.thumb.jpg.5ad4002fb6bfa0a4bd8c0a754345822e.jpg

Beautiful! I can't quite make out the headstock logo - what is the maker and model? It's lovely!

8 minutes ago, Inara said:

Beautiful! I can't quite make out the headstock logo - what is the maker and model? It's lovely!

Clicking on the photo brought up a 'zoom' mode; it's 'Brawley Basses' on the headstock, but I don't know which model. :rWNVV2D:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Clicking on the photo brought up a 'zoom' mode; it's 'Brawley Basses' on the headstock, but I don't know which model. :rWNVV2D:

Thanks! I was pinch-zooming on my phone without tapping on the photo first, and it was in lower resolution, so a bit blurry. If I tap the photo first, it brings up the higher resolution photo ... Inara learns something about the Basschat UI lol. Thanks for the tip!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard :crigon_04:

Is there still a heatwave in the Nothwest US?

Thanks! No, it's cooled off back down to normal now, thankfully. We hit 45 C on the hottest day at the end of June, when our average high temperature in June is 21 C. It was awful.