Why become a member? ×

Are you guys familiar with Mayones?

2020Jazz

Reminds me of a recent argument on another forum about how there is indeed life after 7ender, particularly on the east side of the Atlantic Ocean. Seems some think there is no other(besides fender). I argued that you lot have all kinds of options. I was poo-pooed away. Then there's-

https://mayones.com/basses/

Edited by 2020Jazz
better link

I have had two mayones jabba classic 5 basses (still have one) and they are amazing basses. Agreed new they are expensive like many other high end instruments and the build quality is top class. "A" being better than "B" is completely down to personal preference in terms of tone and what neck specs etc that you prefer. I love the very flat fretboard radius and the solid b string. I also have a USA lakland 55 14 which until I got my mayones was my holy grail 5 string. The mayo is easily on par with the lakland but again, preference as they are very different beasts. Definitely if you get chance give one a try :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I thought I read somewhere that Mayones and Maruszczyk were related/ same company or something. How many bass builders are there in Poland?

They're not related. Adrian Maruszczyk is based in Germany, and uses a luthiery workshop in southern Poland. Those guys made other brands before. 

Now, Mayones is in Gdańsk, some 400 miles north, and is a (Dziewulski) family business. At first known mostly locally for decent and inexpensive instruments "for beginners" marketed under a few brand names simultaneously (see pic). They were well built, had good hardware (Schaller Tuners, WSC pickups) and cost about as much as a Squier Affinity. 

dsc_40331.jpg

Edited by such
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I thought I read somewhere that Mayones and Maruszczyk were related/ same company or something. How many bass builders are there in Poland?

Are you thinking of Mensinger, which has some relation with Maruszczyk, although I'm not sure exactly what.

21 hours ago, ped said:

I've seen a few that look great, but Mayones have never once replied to an email from me so I've lost interest.

weird that, I have emailed them twice in last year, once to ask if they built the Windmill basses (they did not) and once enquiring about the run of of mini basses they were doing, both times I had a proper detailed reply inside 24 hours

I had a play of one of their basses in BassDirect and it was very very good, stunning looks, well built, great feel and great sound from Aquilar pickups

Edited by Aidan63
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, such said:

They're not related. Adrian Maruszczyk is based in Germany, and uses a luthiery workshop in southern Poland. Those guys made other brands before. 

Now, Mayones is in Gdańsk, some 400 miles north, and is a (Dziewulski) family business. At first known mostly locally for decent and inexpensive instruments "for beginners" marketed under a few brand names simultaneously (see pic). They were well built, had good hardware (Schaller Tuners, WSC pickups) and cost about as much as a Squier Affinity. 

dsc_40331.jpg

Neat inlays there...