Why become a member? ×

So, what's a Supporting Member and do I have to pay alimony?

Old Horse Murphy

Can one of you lovelies explain how to become a supporting member ?

I no longer appear in the Recently Browsing thingie just below here, since the site revamp, but i can still contribute utter garbage in a thread, much to everybody's delight ☹️

Are you trying to tell me something?

Or do I not exist 💔

10 hours ago, blisters on my fingers said:

Can one of you lovelies explain how to become a supporting member ?

I no longer appear in the Recently Browsing thingie just below here, since the site revamp, but i can still contribute utter garbage in a thread, much to everybody's delight ☹️

Are you trying to tell me something?

Or do I not exist 💔

Are you logged in as ‘anonymous’? Maybe log out and in again. Here’s how to be a supporting member:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/store/product/2-marketplace-yearly-subscription/

Cheers 🥂 

• Thanks 1

And the icing on the cake is that (for now) when you're a supporting member, ads disappear ! That's another reason to become a supporting member.

It's great to be a member !

Be there or be square !

That's heavy !

Ok @ped you should now my bank account number by heart now.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, blisters on my fingers said:

I am now a supporting member

My chest is puffed out with pride and my nose is inclined upwards

Thanks everybody esp. Ped and the rest of the crew for this fab site

Thanks very much :)

• Thanks 1

Here's a suggestion.

Thinking of the psychology behind this, I was reluctant to cough for a service I didn't want or need, despite wanting to support Basschat.

Would it be more appealing to sell 'Supporting Membership' that also unlocks free access to advertising a by product, rather than persuading those who wich to support to buy advertising they don't want?

Obviously, the converse could apply, but then there's the option of buying a £7 advertising fun pack.

Or you could have advertising with free membership and membership with free advertising, both the same product but two ads?

In the end, I thought about the benefits of the site and the Bass Bashes and folded... I am weak. 🙂

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Here's a suggestion.

Thinking of the psychology behind this, I was reluctant to cough for a service I didn't want or need, despite wanting to support Basschat.

Would it be more appealing to sell 'Supporting Membership' that also unlocks free access to advertising a by product, rather than persuading those who wich to support to buy advertising they don't want?

Obviously, the converse could apply, but then there's the option of buying a £7 advertising fun pack.

Or you could have advertising with free membership and membership with free advertising, both the same product but two ads?

In the end, I thought about the benefits of the site and the Bass Bashes and folded... I am weak. 🙂

Hi (and thanks for the sub!) - it's a head scratcher for sure; the basic issue though is that the subscriptions are quite buried in the shop area which itself isn't very obvious, hence the fact we built it into the selling facility where you get directed to pay. The general hope is that now if someone sees 'supporting member' on a user's details, they'll click it and see what it's all about. I think creating a second product is logical, but it'll probably create more confusion than it helps the finances. 

4 minutes ago, Cliff Edge said:

And what’s more, I’ve just subscribed and card details on the payment page are black text on black background. Same iPad. 
Sorry. I’ll go away now. 

Thanks, one to look at!! And thank you for subscribing too :)