Why become a member? ×

So, what's a Supporting Member and do I have to pay alimony?

Old Horse Murphy

• Old Horse Murphy changed the title to So, what's a Supporting Member and do I have to pay alimony?

You can click on the 'Supporting Member' title and it will explain what it means, hopefully it'll encourage members who love BC but don't necessarily want to sell things to help keep the forum going. Any by that I mean pay towards my sausage roll account at Greggs.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ped said:

You can click on the 'Supporting Member' title and it will explain what it means, hopefully it'll encourage members who love BC but don't necessarily want to sell things to help keep the forum going. Any by that I mean pay towards my sausage roll account at Greggs.

That's fine, except that the link doesn't work!

Thanks chaps. I was hoping for a collage of my finest moments over the last 14 years as a member of Basschat, with an instrumental version of Days by The Kinks playing in the background (not that there are many finest moments). 

Actually, that wouldn't be such a good idea as all it would consist of is "I just bought a new Bass and it's definitely a keeper..." quickly followed by "for sale is a Bass I recently acquired...."

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

There doesn't seem to be a way of becoming a supporting member without the marketplace.

There should be a way to be supporting member without the full whack for the marketplace, although I may want to shift some kit down the line...

You can be a supporting member and just not use the marketplace. Separating them into two products would be more complicated

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ped said:

You can be a supporting member and just not use the marketplace. Separating them into two products would be more complicated

Why not add it on to the existing 'donate £10'?

My main worry is that marketplace membership would encourage me to sell things...

26 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Why not add it on to the existing 'donate £10'?

My main worry is that marketplace membership would encourage me to sell things...

Because it’s £20 😂 

I could maybe do a £20 donation with supporting status but it wouldn’t renew and would be a pain to organise ‘back stage’