Jump to content

Site update 22/07/21 Bug Hunt


ped

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, vincbt said:

Yup I do use the advanced search options, I just seem to only pull results created / updated from Friday onwards

That’s odd, I’ve just tried it and got 400 pages 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, fleabag said:

So how does one change themes when the ' theme ' button is missing ?

Ta

 

 

 

Aargh! I'm now trapped in the 2.1 theme which means I can't see the price of stuff in the marketplace.

 

Good spot, @fleabag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So then, i ask again, where is the Theme button ?  In another thread, someone else asked and it was pointed out that it was underneath the FB, Insta,  Twatter logos at the bottom of any page. Actually underneath the  Powered By Invision doobrit

 

I have just shown a screenshot above showing that its not there.

Is this possibly a Firefox issue ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, fleabag said:

So then, i ask again, where is the Theme button ?  In another thread, someone else asked and it was pointed out that it was underneath the FB, Insta,  Twatter logos at the bottom of any page. Actually underneath the  Powered By Invision doobrit

 

I have just shown a screenshot above showing that its not there.

Is this possibly a Firefox issue ?

 

1 minute ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Same here - no theme button. Firefox on Win 10.

 

It was yesterday as I tried changing the Themes to see what they did. Can't see them today. I'm on Win10 / Firefox as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've removed the other themes as they have bugs, including things like dodging paying for a sub.

 

They weren't meant to be there after going live, they were there while we were working things out only.

 

Basschat 2.0 is the only fully compatible theme so it's the only one still in use. As there's no alternatives, the button is now hidden.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, vincbt said:

Apologies in advance if it's been mentioned and there is an answer, I think it has to do with the search indexing you mentioned at the beginning of the thread but I have close to zero practical knowledge on the topic. If I try to search in the Marketplace I only see results created after the update, can I assume this will naturally be fixed once the indexing is complete?

 

Thanks for all the maintenance / update work 

 

test.thumb.PNG.da9ca0abc8defb92845131bd8426bcb1.PNG 

 

Hi @vincbt can you submit that search again and let me know what happens? Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/07/2021 at 10:35, ezbass said:

It seems that when quoting a post from a page that is not the last and, adding one’s own literary flourishes, pressing save doesn’t appear to work, often meaning the save button is pressed again and maybe even once more. The problem seems to be that after the initial save, you are not taken immediately to last post position where your post would have appeared pre update. Instead, posters are left in limbo wondering why their post hasn’t saved, when of course it has, just on the last page, possibly a number of times.

This seems to be back again :( 

 

EDIT: But not all the time, this post worked just fine. O.o

Edited by ezbass
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ped said:

 

Hi @vincbt can you submit that search again and let me know what happens? Cheers

I now get 273 pages of results again! Good for the website, not for my wallet 😅

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, drTStingray said:

Has there been a change to the size of photo which can be uploaded to the site? Seems to be limited to 1 mb or lower, which rules out most up to date phone photos unless significantly compressed? 


Don’t think so - I’ll have a look. Maybe you’re running low on space?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did report this back in page 2 but just to say I'm still seeing the dark page numbers against a dark background (see below). This is just on the main topic listing pages. Whichever page in the index I go to is the only one that shows as 'white' with the rest being dark. The individual thread pages, such as this one, are all good. I also tried clearing my browser cache and cookie data. (Win 10, Chrome).

 

903305334_Screenshot2021-07-27130643(bc).thumb.png.6f4f567806487aa4b2b97bb94d58dd81.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

I did report this back in page 2 but just to say I'm still seeing the dark page numbers against a dark background (see below). This is just on the main topic listing pages. Whichever page in the index I go to is the only one that shows as 'white' with the rest being dark. The individual thread pages, such as this one, are all good. I also tried clearing my browser cache and cookie data. (Win 10, Chrome).

 

903305334_Screenshot2021-07-27130643(bc).thumb.png.6f4f567806487aa4b2b97bb94d58dd81.png

 

Cheers I'll have a look at that this week, it takes so long to identify what the names of those elements are called!! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...