Why become a member? ×

Site update 22/07/21 Bug Hunt

ped

So then, i ask again, where is the Theme button ?  In another thread, someone else asked and it was pointed out that it was underneath the FB, Insta,  Twatter logos at the bottom of any page. Actually underneath the  Powered By Invision doobrit

I have just shown a screenshot above showing that its not there.

Is this possibly a Firefox issue ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fleabag said:

So then, i ask again, where is the Theme button ?  In another thread, someone else asked and it was pointed out that it was underneath the FB, Insta,  Twatter logos at the bottom of any page. Actually underneath the  Powered By Invision doobrit

I have just shown a screenshot above showing that its not there.

Is this possibly a Firefox issue ?

1 minute ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Same here - no theme button. Firefox on Win 10.

It was yesterday as I tried changing the Themes to see what they did. Can't see them today. I'm on Win10 / Firefox as well.

• Like 2

I've removed the other themes as they have bugs, including things like dodging paying for a sub.

They weren't meant to be there after going live, they were there while we were working things out only.

Basschat 2.0 is the only fully compatible theme so it's the only one still in use. As there's no alternatives, the button is now hidden.

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, vincbt said:

Apologies in advance if it's been mentioned and there is an answer, I think it has to do with the search indexing you mentioned at the beginning of the thread but I have close to zero practical knowledge on the topic. If I try to search in the Marketplace I only see results created after the update, can I assume this will naturally be fixed once the indexing is complete?

Thanks for all the maintenance / update work 

test.thumb.PNG.da9ca0abc8defb92845131bd8426bcb1.PNG 

Hi @vincbt can you submit that search again and let me know what happens? Cheers

On 25/07/2021 at 10:35, ezbass said:

It seems that when quoting a post from a page that is not the last and, adding one’s own literary flourishes, pressing save doesn’t appear to work, often meaning the save button is pressed again and maybe even once more. The problem seems to be that after the initial save, you are not taken immediately to last post position where your post would have appeared pre update. Instead, posters are left in limbo wondering why their post hasn’t saved, when of course it has, just on the last page, possibly a number of times.

This seems to be back again :( 

EDIT: But not all the time, this post worked just fine. O.o

Edited by ezbass

1 minute ago, drTStingray said:

Has there been a change to the size of photo which can be uploaded to the site? Seems to be limited to 1 mb or lower, which rules out most up to date phone photos unless significantly compressed? 

Don’t think so - I’ll have a look. Maybe you’re running low on space?

I did report this back in page 2 but just to say I'm still seeing the dark page numbers against a dark background (see below). This is just on the main topic listing pages. Whichever page in the index I go to is the only one that shows as 'white' with the rest being dark. The individual thread pages, such as this one, are all good. I also tried clearing my browser cache and cookie data. (Win 10, Chrome).

903305334_Screenshot2021-07-27130643(bc).thumb.png.6f4f567806487aa4b2b97bb94d58dd81.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

I did report this back in page 2 but just to say I'm still seeing the dark page numbers against a dark background (see below). This is just on the main topic listing pages. Whichever page in the index I go to is the only one that shows as 'white' with the rest being dark. The individual thread pages, such as this one, are all good. I also tried clearing my browser cache and cookie data. (Win 10, Chrome).

903305334_Screenshot2021-07-27130643(bc).thumb.png.6f4f567806487aa4b2b97bb94d58dd81.png

Cheers I'll have a look at that this week, it takes so long to identify what the names of those elements are called!! 

• Like 1