Why become a member? ×

Site update 22/07/21 Bug Hunt

ped

2 minutes ago, prowla said:

Maybe the customising is a "nice to have", but being able to read it is pretty essential.

After-all, it is the content which is the reason for having the site in the first place!

We can only change what we can. I’ll have a look but not sure how hard that is and if it’ll mess other things up. Leave it with us. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

At the bottom 

021DFE28-1410-4EDC-9437-D50818DAFE2F.jpeg

Ah - "predictability" is another web design tenet; I went looking in my Settings!

Unfortunately, the text is still grey in the 2.1 theme; maybe a "Prowlathinksitsreadable" theme!

(Though actually, I think the font could do with better kerning too...)

Edited by prowla

Just now, prowla said:

Ah - "predictability" is another web design tenet; I went looking in my Settings!

Unfortunately, the text is still grey in the 2.1 theme; maybe a "Prowlathinksitsreadable" theme!

Cool, it was worth a try 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, velvetkevorkian said:

Minor gripe -- the orange-on-orange tag design isn't very legible.

1728277540_Screenshot2021-07-24at12-22-15BassesForSale.png.e61cce9af16d8fb228f1977c581d4fbd.png

Does anyone actually use the tags?

I know lots of people put them in, but does anyone actually click on them to find "related content"?

I used to a be a big tag user for some things until I discovered that adding tags to thread was one of the causes of the appearance of the right hand margin and the narrowing of the actual thread content width. Since then I have stopped including them in any threads I start.

1 hour ago, ped said:

We don’t make the software so can only use what they provide unfortunately. I don’t think there’s an option to customise the font or the way it displays. 

Is there no way to amend the stylesheet? 

I think they're like badges for Scouts, given randomly merely for attendance and/or lighting fires with woggles. It will probably evolve, with BC members squabbling over who has the most [insert puerile reason for squabbling over things here...], until The Admins get tired of all the complaints and return everyone to simple, modest 'BC Member'. That's enough, isn't it..? No..? Oh dear... :(

xD :P

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2

Whilst I'm here, I've another complaint, and not the least...

Where have the 'power' and 'base' format options gone..? How to express 3ft2, or show binary numbers..? I can 'cheat', calling up the Windows Character set, and get 3 ft² (Alt 0178), but for 102 (2, in binary, base 2...) it's even more of a faff. Why have these formatting options been removed..?

(Progress, eh..? More like regression, I say..! Can't leave a Good Thing alone; has to be tinkered with until all the qualities that made it Splendid have been squeezed out, 'dumbed down', all in the sacrosanct name of 'progress'. Progress my eye..! Harrumph..! ¬¬ ) Potters off to put the spuds on, can't find the kitchen door and wanders outside muttering to ... nobody...

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1