Why become a member? ×

Site update 22/07/21 Bug Hunt

ped

23 minutes ago, ped said:

I've added those to the custom emoji list

'Chums' is already in the Smiley set; I use it in other Fora, and coupled with other text, which is why I have it saved in Imgur. You can remove the one you've added, as it's now in the BC collection twice. Just sayin'; you did good. B|

This latest update still hasn't fixed the inconsistency with whether or not you get a warning message when marking a forum as read depending on which browser you use and whether you click the button at the top within the forum or icon next to the forum name.

1 minute ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Doing well, but the wrong colours issue is still not fixed, see example below. (Top banner; on Firefox, Win 10)

1218656165_Screenshot2021-07-23at16-34-58Basschat.thumb.png.900edabd2668b747b5a61a5e1b416392.png

Yeah that’s a weird one. We changed it and it works on everything else but apparently not Firefox. Anyone else of Firefox getting that?

I must say, I thoroughly approve of the change which shows just a few lines of a quoted post, as I found it incredibly annoying when person A posted ten pictures of something, and person B then quoted the entire thing to add "Wow!".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Quatschmacher said:

OK, what’s going on? There’s now now sub forums in the main view unless one applies filters. Basically, unless filtering is applied, all posts (from all sub forums) are shown in sequential date/time order, which is just a visual onslaught. 

Ok, it seems my screen had defaulted to the “topics” button. Panic over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ped said:

Yeah that’s a weird one. We changed it and it works on everything else but apparently not Firefox. Anyone else of Firefox getting that?

Firefox and Win 10 on my PC. Works ok for me. I use Firefox on my Macbook too and it's fine there as well.

While I'm here, can I just confirm that the 'likes' numbers are in the pipeline?

Edited by leftybassman392
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Here they are ... for now :

Screenshot_2021-07-23-18-22-52-887_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.24152df01f0e2d08ec01556e2c90405a.jpg

Thanks for that, but I'd already figured that one out.

At this point I'm assuming they'll reappear in topic posts at some point in the foreseeable future. I can understand that it's a little way down the list, but just so I know they're coming... :|

Edited by leftybassman392

5 hours ago, ped said:

The new font is actually very slightly larger than it was before:

Old:

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 12.56.15.png

New:

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 12.56.58.png

There's that gap under 'Administrator' but we're looking into that. Otherwise, just a case of getting used to it I think. We may work on a second theme to try but it takes a long time to get right. In the meantime you can increase magnification on your browser

Oh - maybe it just seems smaller then (it reminds me of "The Pound in your pocket..."). 🙂

Maybe the avatars could be a bit smaller, to take up less space?

If I zoom on my browser, then the buttons get rather large, so that's not the answer.

Is it fainter too? (Don't tell me it's actually darker! 🙂 )

Maybe it's that, as I am genuinely finding it a bit hard-going as it is.

I haven’t tried it on anything but an iPad since the update, but when I look at a thread with a few replies that I have been following it goes to the first post despite appearing to know which was the last post I looked at (it shows a line with new replies below when I jump to the last page).

10 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

I haven’t tried it on anything but an iPad since the update, but when I look at a thread with a few replies that I have been following it goes to the first post despite appearing to know which was the last post I looked at (it shows a line with new replies below when I jump to the last page).

Same issue here. Using Chrome on an Android phone. 

28 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

I’m on a iPad, and mine did that for a while , but it seems to be ok now 

6 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

It works perfectly once I've updated all my stored links, that I use in other Fora. Never mind, I'll just create a new, special 'BC' list of Stuff To Insert, with special 'non-BB' code. Oh yes, I can get it to work alright, but each time it's a faff more. I'm trying too hard, I think. Sigh...

@ped did you remember to block those b***y Groundhog gifs?

• Haha 1