Why become a member? ×

Best place to pick up a high quality J bass body in the UK?

Cairobill

I'm entering one of those 'find a purpose for those nice jazz bass bits and pieces in a box under the bed' phases. 

I will likely go for a status fretless neck but where do I get a high quality, finished, ash, jazz bass body in the UK? There are a bunch of obvious sources but I'm looking for the good stuff ;)

Cheers, Nick

Edited by Cairobill

1 minute ago, Cairobill said:

I'm entering one of those 'find a purpose for those nice jazz bass bits and pieces in a box under the bed' phases. 

I will likely go for a status fretless neck but where do I get a high quality, finished, ash body in the UK? There are a bunch of obvious sources but I'm looking for the good stuff ;)

Cheers, Nick

If it were a P Bass I wouild say Crimson, alternatively for a jazz, WD Music or Northwest Guitars.

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JPJ said:

I've just taken a punt on a fully finished custom P bass body from G&B Guitar & Bass Builds https://guitarandbassbuilds.com Can't attest for their quality yet as my delivery might be as much as 45-60 working days 🤔 so I will not see mine until mid/end of September. 

My mate got this body from the same place. I can attest that it's a beaut!

IMG-20210528-WA0006.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Sausage said:

My mate got this body from the same place. I can attest that it's a beaut!

IMG-20210528-WA0006.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. The comms with the company were spot on, but you never know. You’ve gone along way to allaying my fears.

• Like 2