Why become a member? ×

The most hilariously bad song I have heard

shoulderpet

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Well, if you think that is bad, she has another song, Fantasy. I don't think its quite as good in general, but the chorus is epic as she does backing harmonies.

This should be the right place, but if not, go to 1:22 (or just watch the whole thing).

That's like two swanny whistles attached to the same hoover. Christ on a bike!

5 minutes ago, casapete said:

I’m now at the stage of seriously wondering if any of the last few suggestions above are actually ‘real’  / serious ? If they are then I truly worry about the future of this planet. Unbelievable.

R.A.E.D is a very real, very serious and respectable recording artiste.

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

No, sorry, there is a winner here. Someone sung this, someone recorded this, someone mixed this, it went past a whole group of people and noone said.. "Hey guys, maybe autotune isn't the devil?"

It actually appears from the structure of the song that she is trying to channel the style of Taylor Swift, but Taylor manages to make it work by singing the actual note, rather than some jazz interpretation of it!

"Daddy, I need some studio time and like a producer and stuff, I wanna make a music video and like be a star."

"Well gee honey that'd be nice but, ahh, see the thing is..."

{stamps foot} "I WANT TO MAKE A MUSIC VIDEO AND..."

"*sigh* Whatever." {hands over credit card}

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was a parody but everything you see on social media points to a very deluded young woman who touts herself as a singer, songwriter, actress etc. and as you can see someone actually booked her to play in a bar!

44 minutes ago, ubit said:

I thought it was a parody but everything you see on social media points to a very deluded young woman who touts herself as a singer, songwriter, actress etc. and as you can see someone actually booked her to play in a bar!

My ears have just gone on strike. I'm going to have to listen to THAT cover of Final Countdown to recover.

58 minutes ago, tauzero said:

My ears have just gone on strike. I'm going to have to listen to THAT cover of Final Countdown to recover.

There were people clapping and cheering after that performance ( I fast forwarded it. Couldn't stand to hear 4 and a half minutes of that) Maybe they were cheering in irony as I might have been doing as it's in the so bad it's good category.

5 hours ago, ubit said:

In the words of Arthur dent “I quite liked it actually” … your collective turn to be Ford prefect and prostetnic vogon Jeltz

well, I’ve heard worse … and anyone who gets up there and does it has guts 

13 hours ago, Rich said:

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the lass. Someone really needs to sit her down and give her the plain truth.

Not only did the bar book her, there's a sound guy helping to "mix" her sound, although what he's doing for four and a half minutes when all he has to balance is guitar and vocal I don't know. The bar is full and everyone looks to be enjoying the show. I can only assume that  A- It's a bunch of her friends and colleagues. Or 2- the people in that town are as deluded about what a musician should sound like that they actually think this is good. I mean there's a whole bunch of people in the Red Dress video agreeing to take part in something that shows their faces.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2021 at 10:08, Barking Spiders said:

That was cringe-making and woeful but then no worse than the rest of Deacon Blue's back catalogue especially the dire Real Gone Kid which still gets played on Radio2

Wow, I can't believe it's gonna from the monstrosity of the OP song to Deacon Blue...

I have to admit I have a real soft spot for Deacon Blue, it must be the Scotsman in me. 

On 20/07/2021 at 14:13, shoulderpet said:

This was in my Youtube suggested videos the other day, from the image on the link it looked awful..... I really had no comprehension how hilariously bad it was , apparently it is the ex drummer of Five finger death punch who left to start this band😂

Psychosexual - Let the sin begin

[Youtube}

What’s wrong with this? It’s subtle, understated and with nary a cliche in sight. Music for the thinking man……

….🤮

On 21/07/2021 at 10:08, Barking Spiders said:

That was cringe-making and woeful but then no worse than the rest of Deacon Blue's back catalogue especially the dire Real Gone Kid which still gets played on Radio2

About Maria McKee if I recall correctly 

2 hours ago, ubit said:

Not only did the bar book her, there's a sound guy helping to "mix" her sound, although what he's doing for four and a half minutes when all he has to balance is guitar and vocal I don't know. The bar is full and everyone looks to be enjoying the show. I can only assume that  A- It's a bunch of her friends and colleagues. Or 2- the people in that town are as deluded about what a musician should sound like that they actually think this is good. I mean there's a whole bunch of people in the Red Dress video agreeing to take part in something that shows their faces.

Credits from 'Red Dress video below. She does quite a lot of stuff but also has a team of people involved too - presumably earning a living from their work? Let's face it, anyone who's been in that situation (myself included) just shuts up and gets on with the job as best they can. Doesn't explain why her family and friends haven't sat her down for a frank conversation though. 😆

Directed, Produced, Choreographed & Edited by Sarah Brand Director of Photography: Gordon Gronbach Production Assistants: Daoyue Zhai, Antony Mikallou Special thanks to Saint Michael at North Gate Church, Oxford. Special thanks to all of the actors and extras for participating.

“Red Dress” … Music & Lyrics Written by Sarah Brand Music Produced by Alice Haines Music Mix & Mastered by Miguel León