Why become a member? ×

The most hilariously bad song I have heard

shoulderpet

15 minutes ago, sammybee said:

You might chortle, but the despair of running out of gravy granules is all too real for some people. I don't think it's very fair to poke fun at desperate folk who have nothing to pour on their roast dinner. 

• Haha 1

This was number one, ffs

As for the Shaggs, colour me pretentious. So bad they're good, and every now and then there's a video of some capable musician or other playing a note-perfect cover of their odd rhythms and "melodies". As in the one above where the backing musicans are reading from a score and playing correctly untuned guitars. This makes them and me laugh, possibly for different reasons.

Also: have you seen Foot-Foot? Weird-looking cat.

a79a18f3.jpg

Anyway, here's the list of awful music currently in contention, according to scientists (probably): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_considered_the_worst

In the early 70's I was in a band who were demoing for Island records. All original songs, and the guys couldn't get a line to rhyme with superstar, so they sang the line, " dumpty dum, a superstar, dumpty dum, like what I are." My toes curl up every time I think about that one. Island passed. I wonder why!!

42 minutes ago, nige1968 said:

Anyway, here's the list of awful music currently in contention, according to scientists (probably): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_considered_the_worst

I suppose like all lists, that has some stupid entries.

A lot of those tracks are just songs that it is clearly uncool to like than genuinely bad songs, Like for instance Rockstar by nickleback, the song that is almost worth liking because it is so trendy to hate.

Yes, you could say it was the worst song ever made, but then it is 2xplatinum single and 4.5 million sales. However you spin that, it is not the worst song ever as clearly millions of people liked it enough to buy it. So according to those lists, its a worse song than anything by the shags or anything in this list so far?

Barbie girl, yes, terrible but everyone knows it and it sold nearly 2 million singles, so that is worse than anything anyone on here has ever written?

Ice Ice baby? A classic, everyone knows it.

Agadoo.. Mr blobby.. ok fair cop.

• Like 1

In the same vein as The Babysitters and The Door And The Window, I give you the Danny & The Dressmakers with a song whose sentiments will be close to many Basschatters hearts:

Featuring  Graham Massey later to be a member of 808 State.

And now stop before someone posts tracks from my first band (who were contemporaries of these)... 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

You think that is bad. They are in their 50s now and have to live with that :D

I live very near St Winifreds and am 50 so it’s highly likely I know or at least have met some of them. 

i can think of worse claims to fame, to be honest…

16 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I suppose like all lists, that has some stupid entries.

A lot of those tracks are just songs that it is clearly uncool to like than genuinely bad songs, Like for instance Rockstar by nickleback, the song that is almost worth liking because it is so trendy to hate.

Yes, you could say it was the worst song ever made, but then it is 2xplatinum single and 4.5 million sales. However you spin that, it is not the worst song ever as clearly millions of people liked it enough to buy it. So according to those lists, its a worse song than anything by the shags or anything in this list so far?

Barbie girl, yes, terrible but everyone knows it and it sold nearly 2 million singles, so that is worse than anything anyone on here has ever written?

Ice Ice baby? A classic, everyone knows it.

Agadoo.. Mr blobby.. ok fair cop.

I have always said that there is no such thing as shyte music. Someone, somewhere likes it. It's just that you don't like it or it's not to your taste.

On 21/07/2021 at 14:22, Woodinblack said:

That really does sound like a Eurovision song, with a Eurovision video

A lot of the pop music in Estonia is written to that format... unfortunately. Eurovision is seem as the ultimate goal for a lot of the pop performers here.

Vanilla Ninja were, in the early 2000s, originally a more legit light rock band, and could / can actually play instruments and sing. Most importantly these days, images of younger versions of themselves grace the wrapper of my most favourite budget ice-cream. 😄
photo-3.jpg

On 21/07/2021 at 21:56, nekomatic said:

I live very near St Winifreds and am 50 so it’s highly likely I know or at least have met some of them. 

i can think of worse claims to fame, to be honest…

Actress Sally Lindsay ( Coronation St, Open all hours etc) owned up to being on that record and can be seen in the TOTP appearances. ( Even more trivia - she’s married to ex Style Council / Paul Weller drummer Steve White.)

• Like 1

No, sorry, there is a winner here. Someone sung this, someone recorded this, someone mixed this, it went past a whole group of people and noone said.. "Hey guys, maybe autotune isn't the devil?"

It actually appears from the structure of the song that she is trying to channel the style of Taylor Swift, but Taylor manages to make it work by singing the actual note, rather than some jazz interpretation of it!

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well, if you think that is bad, she has another song, Fantasy. I don't think its quite as good in general, but the chorus is epic as she does backing harmonies.

This should be the right place, but if not, go to 1:22 (or just watch the whole thing).

26 minutes ago, Fozza said:

I managed about 16 seconds of that.

I watched the whole thing, it has a 'peculiar magic' to it. It shows that telling your children to believe in themselves and that they can be anything has a downside.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

No, sorry, there is a winner here. Someone sung this, someone recorded this, someone mixed this, it went past a whole group of people and noone said.. "Hey guys, maybe autotune isn't the devil?"

It actually appears from the structure of the song that she is trying to channel the style of Taylor Swift, but Taylor manages to make it work by singing the actual note, rather than some jazz interpretation of it!

Man, this is bad. Her "singing" is awful and beyond autotune-repair. However, what's worse is that the red dress is not even as nice as the white one. Double whammy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Well, if you think that is bad, she has another song, Fantasy. I don't think its quite as good in general, but the chorus is epic as she does backing harmonies.

This should be the right place, but if not, go to 1:22 (or just watch the whole thing).

I watched the whole thing, it has a 'peculiar magic' to it. It shows that telling your children to believe in themselves and that they can be anything has a downside.

Well, what can I say, I am speechless and that does not happen too often 🤪

I did some googling and found the following:

https://www.gtc.ox.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/sarah-brand-fantasy-music-video/

"She is pursuing her musical goals while also studying for an MSc."

Well, my advice: don't quit your day job!

"”Fantasy’ is the debut single from my first album, ‘EyEs’.

This reminded me of this song - eye to eye. I think these two should team up for a duet. It will either bring us instant world peace or the planet will spontaneously combust, leaving behind only a "globule" or a "stain" 😉 

Edited by Eldon Tyrell
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I did some googling and found the following:

Yes, we did too, trying to decide if she was serious. Sadly it appears she is!

"”Fantasy’ is the debut single from my first album, ‘EyEs’.

Can't wait for the album!

This reminded me of this song - eye to eye. I think these two should team up for a duet. It will either bring us instead world peace or the planet will spontaneously combust, leaving behind only a "globule" or a "stain" 😉

Well, he has at least found the autotune, and you also know it is going to be terrible by the video!

• Haha 1