Why become a member? ×

The most hilariously bad song I have heard

shoulderpet

2 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

This is still the one to beat for me... the genre and taste defying mixture of Emo, Screamo, Black Metal, Nu-Metal, Djent and Europop. With generous lashings of autotune.

This vid looks like it’s one of those (insert band name here) shreds things. 
Definitely terrible though. 

• Haha 1

I can tell you lot are but babes and sucklings. Listen to what we got subjected to in 1980:

And there's a good half-dozen Paul McCartney songs,  severalo decades worth of Cliff Richard, and Wam, and the list goes on. I was waiting for that very first song to become truly awful and it didn't.

15 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

This is still the one to beat for me... the genre and taste defying mixture of Emo, Screamo, Black Metal, Nu-Metal, Djent and Europop. With generous lashings of autotune.

I find it difficult to single this one for criticism out as it sounds like a zillion other emo type bands. A very formulaic sound coming out of the US in the 00s

Many of the songs highlighted above are obviously awful, but either tongue in cheek or done with the obvious aim of cashing in (which is fine. I don't have a problem with it). Truly hilariously bad songs are those where a guileless writer/performer believes that they are making good music. 

• Like 1

There is so much worse music out there. I may be in the minority on here but I quite liked it. Its tongue in cheek and much better than some turgid efforts that I have listened to.

Nah, Ive listened to some of their other stuff. Pretty poor fare. Cant believe Jason Hook has agreed to this.

Edited by ubit

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

You think that is bad. They are in their 50s now and have to live with that :D

My cousin was in that choir...we don't keep in touch tho*, so I've no idea how she's living with it...

* Nowt to do with the song, we just can't be arsed...

18 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Anything by The Shaggs has to be a contender. For example - My Pal Foot Foot - The Shaggs - YouTube

OMG that is truly terrible.  I have managed to live into my mid 50s in ignorance of this band and now they will forever be in my head.  On the plus side "music" like this at least allows me to think that my monthly entry to the Basschat composition challenge has some merit.

I'll just leave this here... the bravest amongst you will click on 'Gym', those with a more sensitive disposition might be better off listening to his rendition of 'Billie Jean'... if you survive either of those two 'Wifey Ting' will finish you off

16 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

The Shaggs have become quite a cult band. It's actually a rather sad tale of parental delusion and vicarious living, but there is a certain naivety and honesty in that record. I actually enjoy listening to it!

I know. The Shaggs' father was no doubt proud of his girls and genuinely believed they were good, but his ignorance caused him to take things a little too far.

There is naivety and honesty in the painting your child brings home from primary school. It's terrible, but you don't judge it by any kind of absolute standard, because it's the work of your child. You love them, recognise the effort they put in and want to encourage them. So you praise them, frame it and hang it on the wall (as I did with a couple of my daughter's paintings). Friends tell you it's sweet/cute and you thank/agree with them, but you shouldn't attempt to make any claim for its artistic merit (unless you are deluded).

What irks me is the people who use The Shaggs as a vehicle for their own pretensions - claiming they are able to see or hear something special in their so-called music that we mere mortals are unable to perceive, etc, etc. 

It's terrible music by any kind of yardstick.

• Like 1