Why become a member? ×

*NOW SOLD* 1982 Fender JV Precision (Squier Series)
£1100
West Sussex

Hazy Bass

For sale is my 1982 Fender (Squier Series) Precision.

I'm sure most people on here will know exactly what these are, but to summarise.  In April 1982 Fender Japan started manufacturing and selling replicas of the classic Fender guitars and basses from the 1960s and 1950s - the Japanese Vintage (JV) models. For the first few months the export models were branded 'Fender' and 'Squier Series' but they were quickly re-branded 'Squier' once Fender realised that they were undercutting their own USA built instruments with equal or arguably better quality models from Japan!

This model is a replica of the legendary 1962 Precision  as played by James Jamerson - period correct down to the reverse tuners, grooved bridge saddles and cloth covered wiring

All original to the best of my knowledge, and in great condition for the age - has a few marks & dings as to be expected (see photos). Neck date 26 June 1982, neck pocket label dated 7/82.  

Set up with a fairly low action and flatwound strings (Labella 45 to 105 I think).

This is a great example - plays superbly and sounds just like a P-bass should - the only reason I'm selling is I don't really get on with the extra neck width of the P-bass so it hardly ever gets played.

Inspection and collection from West Sussex preferred - but will ship if required. Comes with basic but virtually new Gear4Music hard case.

Sale only - no trades I'm afraid ... money needed for a new motorbike! 😁

Any questions - just ask.

PB01.jpg

PB03.jpg

PB05.jpg

PB06.jpg

PB07.jpg

PB08.jpg

PB09.jpg

PB10.jpg

PB11.jpg

PB12.jpg

PB13.jpg

PB02.jpg

Edited by Hazy Bass
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, aleio82 said:

Body is ash or alder?

Looks like Sen Ash - which is apparently like a Japanese Alder with an Ash looking grain.Sounded great on the 2 I had. 

Cool bass btw 😊

edit - should have said Japanese wood with Alder tone quality, but ash look..,

Edited by Chiliwailer

• MB1 locked this topic