Why become a member? ×

Fender P-Bass: Japan, US, CS or Limelight

vincbt

On 19/07/2021 at 17:03, vincbt said:

Very valid question, I have thought about Lakland, G&L, Sandberg and a few others. I started out with Fender due to some sort of internal bias but I may end up taking a trip to the Gallery and trying all the Ps they have to get a better feel

Of course being a total PED, Fender Japan was a ghost company for a number of Japanese factories. So buying a Japanese Fender is not really buying a Fender. In my opinion you could do worse than try a G&L.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Welcome to the club @vincbt, that is a lovely looking bass! Here's my 3 Limelight P's with J necks:

image.png.725b43b08d2eb9f22fa16029f10e827f.png

The purple goes on a Nordy P blade for dirty stuff, the White on an NP4V for the vintage tones, and charcoal grey on an NP4A for bright and punchy.

Yours reminds me of one....

image.png.8924b48967211ead0d5e32ccb3dcb3e5.png

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

Welcome to the club @vincbt, that is a lovely looking bass! Here's my 3 Limelight P's with J necks:

image.png.725b43b08d2eb9f22fa16029f10e827f.png

The purple goes on a Nordy P blade for dirty stuff, the White on an NP4V for the vintage tones, and charcoal grey on an NP4A for bright and punchy.

Yours reminds me of one....

image.png.8924b48967211ead0d5e32ccb3dcb3e5.png

Wow I'm not quite there yet! This is definitely taking the vintage tone while the American Standard will wear the bright and punchy hat, just need to transfer the LaBella on the Limelight and put roundwounds on the Fender.

The charcoal grey one was on sale here just last week right?