Why become a member? ×

SOLD Schroeder 1210r PRICE DROP to £150
£175
Leicestershire

NOW SOLD THANKS

Hi all,

This has been my go-to cabinet for probably 10 years, maybe more, during which it’s done almost all my gigs paired with a Markbass LM3.

Nowadays it’s scruffy cosmetically,and the price reflects the fact it could do with a bit of TLC, tho it’s in good working order nevertheless.

The good things:

It’s rated at 850w at 4ohms and anyone who has used one of these will know they are really loud and with good dispersion of sound onstage due to the angled speaker, and quite a mid punch sound that cuts well through a mix. 

It has a forward-facing 12” speaker, an angled 10” speaker and a tweeter/horn. I don’t know for sure whether the horn is working as I can’t hear much difference whether it’s turned up or off to be honest. 

Our excellent local luthier and amp repair man has maintained it during its working life - mostly small things like wiring etc - so it’s been well-maintained. 

The bad things:

For some reason the rear access panel is missing a couple of its screws - I emailed Jorg Schroeder to get some replacements but he said they are just standard sized DIY shop screws - I’ll keep looking to see if I can find any equivalent ones locally. It’s perfectly secure without them as enough remain in place in back panel. 

The plastic corner protectors are quite tatty now but still functional, as is the slightly bobbly carpet covering in places. 

Comes with a clean, tidy, fitted Roqsolid cover. 

Cab is about 25-27kg - not massively heavy but definitely not neo light either. I’ve put some handlebar padded tape on the handles to make it more comfy to carry but can easily remove if you don’t want it there.

Given its size and weight I can’t really post it, so collection or meet up somewhere accessible to Leicestershire is ideal.

I’m after £175 which from memory is about half of what I paid for it secondhand originally, reflecting the cosmetic condition.

I’ve moved to lightweight cabs over the last year or so don’t really have a use for it anymore.

Any queries let me know.

Dimensions added as requested - 62cm x 43cm x 43cm. 

Chris

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, richardd said:

Hi Chris.Hope you and the family are keeping well. If any of my Ashdown gear should sell,  be more than happy to relieve you of this.Best Rich 

No worries Rich. Hope you’re keeping safe, and by all means let me know if you get in a position to buy it. 

• bassbiscuits changed the title to Schroeder 1210r PRICE DROP to £150
  • 2 weeks later...

Still here then….

What’s putting you off? The location and pick-up only? The condition? The price? (surely not as it’s cheap as chips already!) People not yet back up to speed with gigging?

I’m happy to travel within reason to deliver this if needs be. It’s doing no good here….

18 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

... What’s putting you off?...

The tiny issue of the English Channel, as far as I'm concerned..! There are many splendid cabs offered here in the Marketplace; this is one, but at an exceptionally attractive price. It's almost (but not quite..! :( ) worth getting the ferry for (Covid rules make even that problematic, although I already have Stuff bought before The Plague awaiting my pick-up, so not so far-fetched...). If it's still here when I do make that trip, I'll be in touch, but I'm sure someone else will have snaffled this bargain before then. ;)

Good luck with the sale; not long to wait now, Shirley..? :rWNVV2D:

(Disclaimer : I'm in no need whatsoever of more bass cabs, although I'm even making from scratch a bass combo and extension cab as I type. I have far too many already, and all good'uns, but this one is soooooo tempting..! And I'm a Drummer, even..! xD...)

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

Still here then….

What’s putting you off? The location and pick-up only? The condition? The price? (surely not as it’s cheap as chips already!) People not yet back up to speed with gigging?

I’m happy to travel within reason to deliver this if needs be. It’s doing no good here….

I'm tempted, as I'm after a smaller cab than my Bergantino 4x10,  I'm just unsure if this is a bit heavier than I'd like.

30 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I'm being really dim but what does high/low refer to?  

It doesn't have 2 inputs for the 2 drivers does it or is the referring to the attenuator?

IIRC that’s the horn attenuator control.

• bassbiscuits changed the title to SOLD Schroeder 1210r PRICE DROP to £150
  • Dad3353 locked this topic