Why become a member? ×

Favourite Album Art

SumOne

4 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

What's not to like eh ladies and lads (? )😁😉

Anthology by Manowar

I saw them at the Glasgow Apollo around 83. At the end of the gig they produced these rather large swords and started to stick them into the stage. They are lucky the notorious Apollo bouncers didn`t kick the sh*t out of them.

Anyway "Death to false metal!"

16 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

@SpondonBassed Reminds me of the plug on the back of Hawkwind PXR5...

Neverheard of Visitor 25... but gonna check em out - there was a thread a while back about albums purchased on the strength of the cover... Nowamowa was mine... but i'd of bought the above.

That's what sold me on it back in 1978 or thereabouts.  The music was very new to me.  I was more used to the Country & Western and showband music of Ireland where I lived at the time.

It turned my head right around as I got deeply into it.

Here it is.

48 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

True in my case but then I'm not familiar with great album covers by bands etc I'm not interested in. Just quickly Google imaged some to remind me. These are the two best covers of albums I don't own

The story behind Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here cover photo | News |  Floydian Slip™ | Syndicated Pink Floyd radio show

I think that’s an outtake, or possibly a variant……the original looks like this:

CE93BBFC-0315-46E9-BFAB-988CBA3DD3AD.jpeg

5 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

What's not to like eh ladies and lads (? )😁😉

Anthology by Manowar

😂 I first went to see them on the Sign of the Hammer tour, expecting them to be be as hilariously bad as the pictures. They completely blew my head off. It was the best gig I’d ever been to and has only been surpassed once since. 

18 hours ago, pst62 said:

Front.jpg

Front.jpg

Front.jpg

Can’t argue with any of those. Love the SBS cover and is there anything more iconic and immediately identifiable than the Motorhead one?

The Lionheart cover gets a lot of flack from some quarters but I feel sets the mood of the album really nicely. 

Edited by 4000
  • Like 1