Why become a member? ×

Favourite Album Art

SumOne

What is your favourite album art?  I'd probably change my mind tomorrow, but off the top of my head right now my top 3 are these:

image.png.93cbe4a8143f57acaf43164445ac5082.png

image.png.29c6b84534a0b67f4af122e9fec11316.png

image.png.bcf94905bc491383df3bba9ea0347fd3.png

.....clearly I've got a thing for hand-drawn cartoonish stuff! And the best ones give a good impression of what the music sounds like. 

Perhaps streaming and digital files means the artwork is increasingly designed to be seen as a thumbnail on phone rather than 12", but vinyl sales are fairly strong and I think that's partly down to people appreciating larger-scale album art so hopefully it's something that'll stick around.   

Edited by SumOne

1 hour ago, steantval said:

Anything by the great Roger Dean.

F1A3C7FD-D0FA-4ED3-94C8-A2F91082F956.jpeg

When I went to my first interview for Uni (illustration) I told them I liked Roger Dean. Biiiiiiiig mistake. They hated him. 😂

For me, anything Roger Dean or Hipgnosis, as that’s what most of my favourite music came in. 

Edited by Bilbo

1 hour ago, 4000 said:

When I went to my first interview for Uni (illustration) I told them I liked Roger Dean. Biiiiiiiig mistake. They hated him. 😂

Yup - I made that exact same mistake too. When I think back, it was naive, given the rich and bottomless depths of the Art world. I have a lot of affection for Dean but it ain't Carravagio :). .

Edited by Bilbo