Why become a member? ×

Knowing what you know now...

TheGreek

3 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Probably my current bass - a Sandberg TM4 SL. Lightweight, comfortable to play, great neck, onboard pre with loads of options for the J and MM pups and the tobacco burst looks amazing! 

I love my TM5 SL. I wouldn't say it's technically 'better' than the Dingwall Combustion I traded it for, but it's better for me - which is partly why if I could go back I'd tell myself it doesn't matter that much to have a 37" B string - the priority should be having something that's comfortable and fun to play and makes the tones that suit me.

Although to contradict myself and not that the TM5 is a cheap Bass or that I have any issues with it at all but the grass is always greener on the other side so I do keep enviously looking at high-end £2-£3k (2nd hand) Basses (like this Sadowsky or this Mayones) and half-talking myself into if it'd be worth selling the TM5 and using my overdraft for it because it won't lose its value and I'll get to play it for many years  - and perhaps in 10 years I'll go back on this thread and tell myself it was the best decision I ever made and I should have gone for a high-end Bass sooner! I'm guessing those double the price high-end Basses are only marginally better than something like a Sandberg though and I'm not sure I'd like feeling I have to be too precious with it, still though - it's an itch!  

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

I would have bought time in a rehab and got into A.A. before my alcohol addiction took 20 years away from me. A lot of things would be different. But I cannot regret the past nor shut the door on it. I am who I am today and I enjoy what I play/create.

OK everybody go, "Whoa."

"If pigs had wings..."

I think my amps were tolerable, my basses were playable, and my sound was decent.

The guitarist in our band, on a gig that got recorded, (we did that as much as possible, carting around a Nakamichi cassette deck), said, "Make our ears bleed, Marty."

So I guess I was doing something right.

• Like 1