Why become a member? ×

Time to offload my gear?

Nicko

I get your preference to focus on home recording. However, I would always want to be ‘gig ready’ and at least have  a  small combo tucked away somewhere. 
It sounds like you don’t have a massive surplus anyway, so just sell what you don’t need for home recording plus one small rig.

Just sell what you don't need. Lots of people get GAS and end up with about 200 basses, most being bought because they liked the colour that day or they had a crap day at the office and wanted something  to cheer them up.

I find it's refreshing to have a clear out, but beforehand I always have the feeling that I will miss them for one reason or another, but I never do. It's an illusion. And once they're sold I never give them a second thought. 

For each bass you should ask yourself if this was the only bass you had, would you be content? If the answer is NO, get rid.

For the OP. I would put it to one side for a while.

Edited by TheLowDown
  • Like 2

Lots of people get GAS and end up with about 200 basses, most being bought because they liked the colour that day or they had a crap day at the office and wanted something  to cheer them up.” 

I hope to get here on day
Edited by OliverBlackman
Quote didn’t work